Thread: Fingal Head - Beach Fishing

Fingal Head - Beach Fishing

G'day, am new to the area and keen to try beach fishing round Fingal or around that general area. Anyone got any suggestions on best locations to try and species to target etc?

Also any suggestions on best tackle shop round the area (Tweed, Fingal), any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Omulloway

Re: Fingal Head - Beach Fishing

you might have to just walk the beach until you find a nice gutter. If you find one dart whiting bream tarwin can all be caught and tailor at night although i think you have missed there run. Kingscliff is the same walk untill you find a gutter. out in frount of the bowls club was good once i havn't fished there for many years myself. Beach worms would be the bait. A fellow used to sell them on the way to fingal before the boat ramp honnesty box set up . Not sure if he is still there. A good bait shop would be accross form the tweed heads bowls club. Hope that helps you.

Mate bependa where your living,wether you have a boat or not like rock fishing or just the beach.
    Starting at fingal If you climb up and over to the light house there is a rock just to the sth of the light house that is ok for bream and Tailor (when they are about).You could cross the cause way and go out onto the rock Is. there just be carefull of tides and swell (tailor,treves and the odd Jew). As life style said above walk the beaches to find a gutter. Along the river from the mouth up to chinderah is good for all type of river fish incliding Jacks around "Jenners Corner".Sth of kingscliff you have good beaches that hold good Dart and bream right down to Cabbia.Cabbia head land is also a goos spot so I have heard but never fished there myself. A bit futher sth is Hastings point where I do all of my fishing good for Tailor and Jew bream and black fish. Just keep off my rock or I'll have to
    just joking mate.
    Welcome to the Tweed
    Aussiefool
    Andrew

Agree with Aussiefool. Be careful when going out onto the Giant's Causeway which is on the north side of Fingal Headland. You may have to jump across the small gap between waves, but once you get there its a very good platform. There are some horse bream in the washes there and good tailor in season. The rest of the Fingal headland doesn't have many good places to stand and fish. The headland at Cabarita is also a bit difficult to fish because of its steepness - not many good platforms to work from. Good areas of broken rocks with gutters in between at Hasting's Point (but they belong to Aussiefool I think - so make sure you're nice to him). I've also taken nice tailor at times from the rocks at the mouth of Pottsville creek and the beach south from there (Black Rock beach) is readily accessable for quite a few kilometres with some nice gutters providing the usual beach species. It will probably have fewer anglers than some of the beaches further north
    Cheers Freeeedom

Thanks Aussiefool and Freeeedom, some good tips there!

I'll be sure to give right of way to Aussiefools rockspots

I've fished most of my life in Cairns, mainly outer reef fishing and creek lure fishing from my boats, the beach fishing up there is non-existent and the few times I've tried down this way (where there's actually real waves) I've had a fat time.

I sold my boats before moving down, so am land based for a while. Am looking at getting a small tinny now and something for outside a bit down the track.

Thanks heaps for the info, hope to see you round the traps!

Cheers
    Omulloway