Thread: Sussex Inlet Virgin

Sussex Inlet Virgin

Taking the new little Alley Craft on a road trip from Bris down to Sussex Inlet in early December, picking up the brother on the way through Syd. Never fished the Inlet before and would welcome any tips on best local haunts, ideal baits to collect, where I could get a good photo/map of the estuary, etc. Cheers.

Re: Sussex Inlet Virgin

Cunnamulla, you might want to have a look at www.thefishinhub.com this is a site that has been set up especially for all South Coast fishos. There are some good articles on Sussex, good luck and don't pinch too many of our south coast beauties!! lol
    Greg

Cunnamulla, I left a bit off the site contact, try www.thefishinhub.com.au
    Greg

dude
    we just started fishing st georges basin. 2nd trip my mate landed a 5.5kg flathead, second time ever using plastics. just find 8-9m of water and go for it. plenty of fish in the basin. snapper bream whiting trevally flathead tailor flounder all in one session on the one lure. go for it u shouldnt be disappointed

Cunnamulla,Sussex Inlet and ajoining St Georges Basin are really starting to fire back up.As AnglernotDangler mentioned there are quite a few good flathead around,i took my brother out on sunday and he caught two within 10 minutes of each other ,2.3kg and 2.8kg both on 3inch gulp shrimp one in molting colour and the other was nuclear chook.There are six artificial reefs in the basin,tr this link
    http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/...efs/st-georges
    try this link for a decent map
    http://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/docs/sussexi_back.pdf
    Outside fishing is aslo quite good with the usual suspects but be careful of the bar.Goodluck

hes the fella, from cunnamulla, yeh hes the cunnamulla fella

mate i spent quite a number of years fishing this territory,,, i actually owned a house there prior to coming up to qld,, and still know a few folk from down that way,,

the river is quite shallow along the banks in most access areas,, but drops off into a nice deep channel thats holds a variety of fish,,, especially BIG BREAM,,,,and when they're running,,, heaps of prawns,, the basin area is great for a drift around,,, and you do'n't really need much in the way of maps,,, just read the water,,,

flathead/leatherjacket/bream,,,,, are all part of the target,,, we use to burley areas with wheat,,, fish with steak marinated in tuna oil,,, or just pick up a slab of tuna from the local wholesaler in gerrigong and that was us for the weekend

the late father in law was actually one of the founding members of the sussex inlet fishing club,,, of which i still have 2-3 boxes of trophies/plaques from competitions/tournaments that were held down there

great place,,,, we called in there on our last trip to victoria,,, its changed,, and the tourist resort feeling was slowly encroaching the lifestyle,,, but it still produced some nice fish,,,

ohhh,,, the outside fishing is good too,,, thats another story

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Not too far from my old haunt were i spent many a year holidaying at Culburra and the Crookhaven River. Still got family and a house there

Mike