Thread: cleveland landbased

cleveland landbased

Hey guys,
    Recently moved to south brissy and am looking for somw new fishing spots. Thinking of heading out cleveland way, but never been there before so im asking wat the fishing is like out that way. Also easy to find locations would be very helpful. Cheers

Re: cleveland landbased

Cameron,

Firstly I'd get a map for the areas around Peel Is,as there are go slow zones as well as green zones. Your local tackle stores should have the information you are looking for. If you are in the reddy bay area, call into fish head and have a chat to duncan or gordon. These guys are always keen to lend a hand.
    Last edited by wags on the water; 09-10-2007 at 02:56 AM.

Moorie86,

Being land-based is a bit limiting because you can't access the water's edge along most of the bay side. You could try the Jetty at Wellington Point for bream and flatties.

Mike

Hi there Moorie86,

Try this thread http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...andbased+spots

There are a couple of good spots in this one. There not all round cleveland way but some are.

Good luck with it, hope it helps.

Cheers Callum

Moorie86,

I used to fish this area a lot around 5 years ago, I found the park area behind the church on the eastern side as you approach the hotel to be the best producer. The best time is when the high is 2.5mtr+ of a night.

This area fished well for flathead and bream, with the occasional muddie to boot.

Best of luck
    Tight Lines

Split-shot