Thread: Jack Season Open Tweed

Jack Season Open Tweed

After 4 nights of 4 to 5 hours each night finaly got my 1st jack for the summer, not big but a jack all the same 33cm, nailed a gold bommer along the north bank at Barneys Point Bridge, just before the storm hit been catching heaps of GT 's up around Tumbulgum Bridge back to Scots Island, on the cast and trolling.
    any one else with any jack catches anywhere on the gc or tweed keen to learn more
    bunks

Re: Jack Season Open Tweed

Nothing wrong with 33 for your first jack. Sounds like youve got the bug mate. They often fire up right before a storm. Keep it up.

Nice season opener. My neighbour nailed a 57cm fish about 3weeks ago up the cobaki arm. The fish was caught on a junior prawnstar in the new bloodup colour. Strangely enough he had baits out at the same time for 2 conger eels. He caught the fish at 11pm so he probably deserved it, fishing through the mozzie peak hour rush! Ive noticed a few boats on the river after dark mainly around the bridges so maybe there are a few fish on the move. good luck with the coming season.

my young bloke got a 38cm one sunday arvo in pottsville creek on a live poddy mullet.

good start mate, I got a 34cm starter in the noosa river and busted off twice the second trip so its hotting up gotta love JACKS!!!

red to all TT