Thread: Maroochydore

Maroochydore

Hi there,

I am heading up to Maroochydore this weekend coming with some mates just for the weekend, and was wandering about your thoughts on some locations and what sort of fish I could expect to find.

I am staying at the Cotton Tree Caravan park which by the look of it on there site and google earth is right on the beach and entrance of the river.

I will be limited to landbased fishing.

Thanks for your help in advance

Cheers Callum

Re: Maroochydore

Gday Callum,
    I've stayed there before and fished the mouth with a mixed bag on the bbq. Bream, flathead, and trevally all made it on the plate. These were all caught on bait as I hadn't been introduced to plastics back then.

Enjoy your stay.

There is good fishing in the maroochy river straight out the back of the caravan park otherwise the 'cod hole' is only a couple of minutes drive further up the river. You could also try your luck around Chambers Island. Mooloolaba also has some great spots like off the rock walls at the entrance of the Mooloola River / Point Cartwright. Most recent report is from Swan Boat Hire,Maroochydore: Dart, tarwhine, bream, whiting and flathead in the surf gutters north of Pincushion. (across from the caravan park) Bream and sand whiting to 43cm in the lower reaches. Golden and big eye trevally near Godfrey’s Road and the Twin waters Weir. Flathead around the mouth of Petrie Creek and off the bank opposite Yinni St. Mooloolaba: Dart, bream and flathead along Kawana Beach and Currimundi Surf Beach. Bream, queenfish and trevally along the La Balsa Park area. Mangrove jack to 2kg and big eye trevally around the bridges and mud crabs in the upper reaches. Happy Hunting.

Thanks for the info Wags and bustastu.

I am lookinf forward to sitting back on the beach with beer in one and and rod in the other

Thanks again

Cheers Callum