Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Droplining pics etc

Droplining pics etc

Thought you might be interested in a few pics from some of our almost daily rape pillage and slaughter trips down southern Tas

Pic 1. The general area of action. These locals will take a live blueye and put up a pretty good fight on 700lb mono

Re: Droplining pics etc

Line set and ready for action.
    Reality check #1: we use 2 lines, not the 4. Our lines have 15 hooks, not 30. Reason ? If you got a full house with 30 hooks (a fish on every hook) you would NOT be able to get that to the surface.

Pic 1, fogbound way way out. Thank goodness for gps. No kerry I don't need a lecture from you about how unreliable it can be

Pic 2, a day so calm I took minijigs out for some child labour

Rob, my regular rape & pillage partner doing all the work. He always does. Worth his wait in gold.

Pic 2, an ooglie from the deep (frostfish or sabrefish, known by both names)

Rob, my regular rape & pillage partner doing all the work. He always does. Worth his wait in gold.

Pic 2, an ooglie from the deep (frostfish or sabrefish, known by both names)

Trolling for bluefin on the Rose-Maree.
    Stick your fancy reelax game chairs, we get ours from office works. This is the 1981 model, about $28.

BTW, to get a real perspective of the angle of the boat, tip ypur screen another 20 degrees or so to the left. This pic was taken on a day GM would much rather forget. Conditions had actually subsided by the time the pic was taken.....

More pics later...
    Last edited by jigsnreels; 05-10-2007 at 03:31 PM.

G'day

Great pics there jigs, and a good chance for some of us northerners to educate ourselves on your style of fishing.

Do you get many kids j-walking out there?

Dave

Thanks for that, bit of an insight there, sometimes I think I have done everything rec fishing in aust has to offer at some time in the past, but then I get reminded again

cheers nfi
    Last edited by FNQCairns; 05-10-2007 at 09:25 AM.

The sheen on that frost fish is awesome, it would give a dollie a run for it'smoney in the colour stakes!1

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Some local scenery
    1) the Hippolyte, aka the rock, all round top spot

2) the birdlife is fantastic down here, many antarctic and subantarctic
    species. kermadec petrel

That frost fish looks like an oversized hairtail!
    Are they any good on the teeth or are they tossed back?
    The scenery looks amazing down there, especialy love the children crossing flag, bet a few boats have driven past that and thought...WTF!?!??!?!

1) top tucker, striped trumpeter, these are mostly above the shelf in the 600' range.

2) blueye and a ray's bream, another ooglie from 1500', on the right

<Do you get many kids j-walking out there?>

Not many, makos & great whites usually take care of them anyway

<frostfish>

weird creatures, not in the blueye league as far as food goes but Rob does great things with them. I think you can see them in this link
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6768821.stm

Yep, the scenery is staggering, will do another post of local shots sometime.

Anyway, just a little insight into life onboard the plunder and pillage pirate factory ship the jiggymaru

Good day J&R,
    Nice pic of the rock mate. Bagged some nice SBT off her in the good old days(mid-late 80s).Remember a long night on the p--- followed by a full day of spew one trip.Had a new title after that day GREEN MACHINE. Pumping and spewing at the same time, didnt miss a stroke.
    Cheers Reidy

That is cool!!!!! I just spent the day catching mudcrabs, whiting and flathead in 30 degrees and about 1 metre of water then I see this!!!!!!! How good is fishing????????

AWESOME.......
    Thankyou
    Paul