Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bribie Island M & G. 10th Nov.

Re: Bribie Island M & G. 10th Nov.

Thanks Choppa
    Hopefully the weather will be good and i can head outside and have a look around.

Cheers Dazza

I'll be on the water early for a run up the passage chucking sp's and hardbodies for Bream around the structures, then go up to around Cowie. I hope to find a lazy Flathead on the way back and in the arvo put some Whiting in the esky for dinner.

Here's hoping the weather plays the game........

phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnB View Post
    I have decided that i will be boating on Sat but having not fished Bribie a great deal i have no idea where to head.If the weather is good i will look at heading outside to a couple of marks i have or out towards the shipping lanes.Is anyone else heading out that way.If the weather decides not to play ball any suggestions for the passage.

Cheers Dazza
    G'day Dazza,

Looking at seabreeze ATM (wednesday) and it's not looking the best. I was planning on heading out to get a couple of cobes, but may have to use the tinny instead. If the weather allows i will be making a late start 7.30ish (finish night shift at 7 ). Pretty reliable spot i have for the cobes so a quick trip normally is all thats needed. Whats your boats name Dazza? Will give you a call if i'm heading out.

Cheers Scott.

I went for a fish up the passage on saturday for a pre M&G scout, I ended up with 3 bream, a nice grunter and a flat head in the esky. I threw a lot of undersize bream back also a ray and a shovel nose. These were all caught on the run out tide in the creeks and around some sandbanks in the middle of the passage. If the wind is blowing on saturday That's where I'll be..
    TT
    ________
    VAPORIZER WHOLESALE

[. If the wind is blowing on saturday That's where I'll be..
    TT[/quote]

Grant- If the weather is ok do you want to come for a run out to the cobes in my boat? PM me your phone number- i lost it.

Cheers Scott.

G'day Scott
    I will be up there early but who knows where i will end up.
    Give me a call if you are heading out.
    Call sign 2DKnB
    27 meg Ch 91
    VHF Ch 73

Yellow Haines with a white deck.I will also have a red ribbon hanging off an ariel.

Cheers Dazza

G'day Dazza will be heading out. Weather looks ok. Will give you a call.

Grant- Tas jnr will be joining us.

Cheers Scott.

its certainly shaping up for a good day,,,,,

i had a smaller version of the m&g this morning,,, (fishing wise),,, and with this bit of fresh around,,, the fish are about,,,,,

total for 4 hrs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 8 keepers,,, (bream/flatties) all released/tagged

had a couple of ""unknown"" fighters,,,, 80% sure they were either eel or whatevers,,,, the kind of fight when they run like hell,,, stop for a bit and become a weight,,, catch there breath and then take off again,,, anyhow,, lost both runs in concession through bite off,,,,,, tomorrow morning is revenge

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Hi All

Anyone looked at the weather for Saturday?????

Coastal forecast is for wids 15 to 20 increasing during the day to 20-30 knots.!!!!!! Possibly!!!!1

Any updates as to what you all think it might be????

Was hoping for hot and calm but maybe not

Ronnie

Seabreeze is not giving a preferrable outlook for Saturday.
    11 knots SSE at 1:00am increasing to 19 knots S at 2:30pm.
    We're aiming at hitting the water around 3:00am on saturday and will depend on the weather will depend on we fish.

Do we have to have a red flag or some indication?
    Cheers
    Homerjrb..
    Never enough time or days in the week to go fishing.

i'm hopeful that this morning is going to be the same as saturday,,,,(at the worse)... i've been keeping a watchful eye on the reports,,,,

surfside was blowing a gale,,, the passage was a tad choppy,,,, but nothing

the creek had bugger all wind,,, and i've got a few sandfly bites to show for it,,,

worse comes to worse,,,, i vote we all invade phil's van,,,,,,

or my place?????????????????

those that arrive first,,,, help yourself to the coffee,,,,,,, i'll be fish'n,,,,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Quote Originally Posted by Homerjrb View Post
    Seabreeze is not giving a preferrable outlook for Saturday.
    11 knots SSE at 1:00am increasing to 19 knots S at 2:30pm.
    We're aiming at hitting the water around 3:00am on saturday and will depend on the weather will depend on we fish.

Do we have to have ajohnny walker red flag or some indication?
    Cheers
    Homerjrb..
    a man who knows how to treat the host correctly,,,,,,

no need unless you want one matey,,,,,,,i think a few run em,,, but most have ausfish stickers on their boats,,,,,

if you don't have a sticker,,,, well i won't give anything away yet,,

choppa

Think tinny in the passage is going to have to be my plan now.

Cheers Scott.

Thumbs up Re: Bribie Island M & G. 10th Nov.

just got back from berlying the secret spots,,,,, ah sorry,, i meant checking the secret spots out,,,,,,,, and the gods are with us so far weather wise,,,,,, didn't wet a line,,, had a scout around instead,,,,

a couple of locals are fishing buckley's,,, flathead/bream in the basket,,
    a small handful of boats parked around the pylons of the bridge,,,, and a few more scattered up the passage

for those of you in boats,,, if your chasing whiting,, there certainly on the chew,,,, DON'T FORGET TO ADVISE NINGI NIGEL,,, IF YOU WANT WORMS

for those of you with the energy,,,, the nipper grounds around white patch up to gallaghers is my best spot,,,, and there's ton's of em,,, along with plenty of bait fish if you've got a cast net

the """""secret"""" item to have in your pic if your into c&r,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

$2 coin and a clothes peg,,,,,,,,
    preferably on a brag mat,,,,,, but thats not critical,,,,,,,,,,,

to recap on what's on offer once more,,,,

shimano hats,,,,,, squidgy dvd's,,,,,,rod/reel combo,,,,, jarvis walker watches,,,,,

col fisher has thrown in a couple of Fisher Shirts

Steve Brown,,,, sneakily packed a parcel for me using a swag of Ausfish Coolers,,,and boat stickers

Ningi Nigel has promised a surprise,,,,,,, (i'll call in today nige''' didn't get a chance yesterday)

Tailortaker,,,,,,, is doing the hard part,,,,, his promised the barbie tucker

so if we can't make a day out of that ,,,,,,,,,,,,, somethings wrong,,,,,

looking forward to catching up with one and all tomorrow,,,, and to the guys above who came forward and offered the backing and big round of applause and thank's from me

choppa

Johnny walker red sounds mighty to me there Choppa..but not whilst i'm fishing.
    I don't have an Ausfish sticker as yet, but would put one on the boat gladly. I'll have a red flag of some type on.
    Boat is packed ready to leave bright and early in the morning. Just hope this wind drops out drastically. Looks like the passage will be the spot to be.
    Might see you on the water or at the meet & greet afterwards.
    Homerjrb
    Never enough time or days in the week to go fishing.