Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bribie Island M & G. 10th Nov.

Re: Next M&G Bribie Island??????

Hi what time is it all happening?? Will see you there, Cheers..Dave & Buddy

im not going to be able to make it next one i will be there

At this stage i'm going to have to change my status to a maybe at best....

I've gotta rip it apart bit it looks like i may have a blown motor in the Surf.

Hi Choppa

Is there an update yet and itinery for the weekend.

Finally got around to telling the other half we were going and am looking forward to it.

Let us know the details and will see you at the weekend.

Ronnie

Thumbs up Re: Next M&G Bribie Island??????

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    i spoke to ningi nige on the way through this arvo,,,, all is well for anyone who wishes to call in and get a bit of ""inside knowledge"" on whats biting where,,,

nigel did raise the point that there is some nice whiting about at the moment,,,, if your chasing worms,, he's got em,,, but if your after quantity,, it may be worth while dropping him a call to let him know prior,,,, he'll make sure he has em on hand for ya

barbie time/weigh in,,,,,,,,,,, i'm thinking around 1-2 ish at the park,,,,,

for those who c&r,,, the plan i'm hatching is to bring along your camera,,, any fish caught on the day will need to be photographed,,, along with a certain item that will be made public prior to saturday,,,, preferably on a lie detector mat

this will take away any doubt on when/where the fish was caught,,, and will allow release if the fisho so desires,,,,,

i don't go into biggest bream/flattie etc sort of comps in these occassions,,, the emphasis is basically to have a good day all round,,, so the catagories for the comp will be decided on

the best catch

the biggest catch

the hardest catch

the worse catch

all of the above will be voted upon on the day,,,,,,, or sorted out on the day,,,,whichever the majority decides upon

DON"T FORGET Gateway Bait N Tackle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa
    nigel has also offered to throw a surprise in for the prize draw,,,,, i'll catch up with him on wednesday,,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Bongaree Bowls Club directions / map.

Hope this is right choppa ????

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

It's slightly north of First Ave, so coming from the bridge it before, You'll see the caravan park on your left just before the bowls club, the boat ramps are opposite the caravan park and the BBQ park is another 100m. The bowls club in the directions above is actually the Bongaree bowls but we are going to be oppsoite the Bribie Island bowls club. The bongaree one is further along.
    ________
    Www. Vaporite. Net

OK< so which Club is this thing opposite:-

Quote :- ""over the bribie bridge,,,, at the first roundabout,,, do a complete turn and head back to the bridge,,, stay in your left hand lane,,,, veer down towards bongaree,, (waterfront),,, which is the left turn RIGHT BEFORE the bridge,,,, travel down until yo hit the next roundabout,,,, you'll see the boat ramp on your right,,, council caravan park on your left,,, (this is where you can purchase permits if your 4bing),, just past the caravan park,, you have the Bongaree Bowls Club,,,, thearea of park that we'll be in is directly opposite the club, ,,, car parking is directly in front of the park area,,, or 100 metres down,, pull into the jetty park area or side streets,,,,,,,,,, From Choppa.......

And from tailortaker......

It's slightly north of First Ave, so coming from the bridge it before, You'll see the caravan park on your left just before the bowls club, the boat ramps are opposite the caravan park and the BBQ park is another 100m. The bowls club in the directions above is actually the Bongaree bowls but we are going to be oppsoite the Bribie Island bowls club. The bongaree one is further along.

Phill ?

aha,,,,,,, my mistake,,,, grant is correct,,,, BRIBIE BOWLS CLUB,,, (and i'm a member and live here,,,,,,,,,,)

but the directions are correct,,,,,,,,,

just keep in mind that when you pass the caravan park,,, your within throwing distance of where we'll be,,, look out for my truck,,, those who don't know it,,,, look below,,,, and i'll wave the ausfish banner on a pole around the barbie area,,,

i take leave of absence from work officially as of 5pm tomorrow,,, i've got wednesday booked at the RBWH,,, but then on,,,,,,,,,FREEDOM for a week

with the current crew who are definites,,, and with those that are 50/50,,, it should be a good day,,,, we have a couple of ""mystery"" members coming along as well,,,

BBQ<<<<<<<<< 1-2 in arvo,,, snags,,,chook,,,, first in first served

PRIZES<<<<<<<<< rod combo supplied by myself,,,,, heaps of ausfish gear, ,,,,, col fisher has promised some stuff,,, along with ningi nigel throwing in a ""surprise"" as well,,,,

CHOPJR,,,, WILL BE PRESENT ,,, but his head is getting large enough,,, so no tips on casting or catching will be conducted,,,

i'll throw up the MUST HAVE IN YOUR PHOTO,,, item on friday,,,, for those who c&r

as mentioned earlier,,,, a Camp Quality fund raising tin will be present,,,, donations are accepted,,, but not expected,,,,,,,,,,,,

see you all on the day

choppa

as long as I find the park i 'spose,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i forgot,,, some low life stole my camera recently,,,, pic of truck ???????

gold colored hilux dual cab,,,, giant ausfish decal from both front doors over to the middle of bonnet,,,,,,,,,,,, can't miss it
    Last edited by choppa; 05-11-2007 at 07:57 PM.
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Just confirming the BBQ is on the 10th still?

If the touch footy team wins on Thursday we have to play the grand final on Sunday.

Just checked back on the dates. Yep Sat 10th it is.

Looks like I'll be up there Friday for a feed at the local, hit the water running Sat.

Staying at Bongaree caravan Park.

CU there.

Phill

Re: Bribie Island M &amp; G. 10th Nov.

See you there Phill, It will be good to meet you
    Cheers, Grant
    ________
    Nevada medical marijuana dispensaries

Re: Bribie Island M & G. 10th Nov.

Hi All

Sounds like the weekend is going to be quite a little get together. Will be good to meet you all and have a chat. I am really looking forward to it.

Either coming by boat or 4b depending on weather but hopefully all this expected rain will be gone by the weekend and of course no wind just to make it perfect.

I am also sure that we will all pass on our thanks sometime over the day to Choppa for organising the weekend and getting us all together.

See ya's all at Bribie.

Ronnie

I have decided that i will be boating on Sat but having not fished Bribie a great deal i have no idea where to head.If the weather is good i will look at heading outside to a couple of marks i have or out towards the shipping lanes.Is anyone else heading out that way.If the weather decides not to play ball any suggestions for the passage.

Cheers Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnB View Post
    I have decided that i will be boating on Sat but having not fished Bribie a great deal i have no idea where to head.If the weather is good i will look at heading outside to a couple of marks i have or out towards the shipping lanes.Is anyone else heading out that way.If the weather decides not to play ball any suggestions for the passage.

Cheers Dazza

hot of the press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st marker outside the mouth towards gilligans island is producing whiting and a mixed bag of table fish,,,,,, cooks rock had a report of squire,, but is a bit slow,,,, buckleys hole is quite,, but this could be due to the winds over the past few days,,, the drop off along side the markers from buckleys to the bridge has reports of flatties/bream/crab,,,, and opposite on the island side has whiting/flatties/crab on the chew

the bridge area itself has a mixed bag,,, north along both dropoffs to the "x" marker at ningi creek has same,,, a 45 cm jack was caught on sunday arvo at all places,, the oyster lease inside the mouth of ningi,, so an explore a bit further in should prove succesful on the run up tides,,,bream/flatties/crab are more the target i would assume though,,,, donnybrook/toorbul has the usual mixed bag

crabs are about,,,and have been for most of the year,,,watch your size though,,, another report states most are empty,,,but i've experienced the opposite with the catches i've had over the past few weeks

as a suggestion to think about,,, sunday just gone saw me fishing the canals around pacific harbor,,, from ducks creek up to the mouth on both run up tides in morning and arvo,,, even thou' the wind was a pain,,, i managed tagging 6 legal bream,,,, a host of crabs on bait/rod,,, nearly "snagged" a dolphin,,, and a handful of undersized,,,,

weather forecast at the moment is for a fine,,windless day,,,

i'll get a picture of whats happening on the outside front tomorrow and let ya know,,, but a few cobia have been running in the shipping channel,,, along with the standard table fish,,,once more though,,the wind over the past few days has kept this in check

choppa