Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bribie Island M & G. 10th Nov.

Re: Next M&G Bribie Island??????

Quote Originally Posted by Reel View Post
    any others bringin the mrs and kids ?, or is this just a legal pssssssssss up, hope u have supplies of fish for a feed choppa, usually my catch comprises bloody zero lol .
    mate the last one i hosted was a great day,,, and quite a few spouses and kids showed,,, but then the day was orientated as a kids day,,,, we actually had food left over,,,,,,,,, bugger all grog was actually drunk,,,,,

this is being planned along the same lines,,, if we get enough,,,which i think we are boardering on,,, it'll be a fish in the morn,,, bbq in the arvo,,, chin wag,, and go from there,,,

dependable on weather,,,,,,,,,

but to answer your query,,, all are welcome,,, once we get a tad closer i'll post a few ideas and you can then make your own minds up,,,,,on whether or not to bring them along,,,

hence why i need a show of hands on who can ACTUALLY make it,,, opposed to those who may

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

to give you a better idea ,,,,,,,,,,, a few pics from the last one
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

I'm keen for a day trip on the 10th by boat.
    Good opportunitity to show off the flash new Ausfish stickers.

(On hols for a week from the 10th so can also do the 11th Yaay )

Cheers
    Stue
    Last edited by Blueroo; 10-10-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Choppa....
    Where was my PM???
    Mate you can count me in.Will have to decide whether it will be with the boat or on the beach.
    Cheers Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnB View Post
    Choppa....
    Where was my PM???
    Mate you can count me in.Will have to decide whether it will be with the boat or on the beach.
    Cheers Dazza
    mate i'm glad you asked,,,,,, as i haven't heard from westie or few others on the sunny coast either and i sent it via a broadcast pm,,,, i'll redo this arvo when i get back

looking at the same location for the bbq as last time mate,,, so if you boat down,,, just park it on the beach

good to catch up again,,,, talk soon

choppa

i wanna come
    but my car won't make it
    figjam :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by nuggstar View Post
    i wanna come
    but my car won't make it
    mate if you start paddling down the passage now,,,,,, you'll make it

joel is a definite,,, hitch a ride with him mate,,, or are the ""mainlanders"" starting to feel a bit of pressure

choppa

thanks for the reply and pics choppa..............i wil bring the schweppes lol

okay,,,,,,,,,,, to make the competition a little bit more exciting,,,

the following is what has been kindly donated towards the cause by yours truly,,,,,,,,,,

prize package includes::::::

Catana 6'6" Boat Rod
    A tough boat rod for the budget conscious angler who doesn't want to sacrifice action and performance, this Catana Spin Rod features solid fused tips, quality Fuji guides, Eva grips and Graphite reel seats.
    • Length: 6'6"
    • Pieces: 1
    • Line weight: 10-12kg
    • Guides: Fuji
    Aernos 6000XT Reel
    Low on price but high on performance series of light to medium threadline reels. Each Aernos comes with three stainless steel bearings, a double-anodised, cold-forged aluminium spool with waterproof drag, a positive click bail arm, Dyna-Balanced rotor, Super Stopper II anti-reverse, more efficient gearing assisted by a Floating Shaft which reduces friction between the pinion gear and the spool shaft, and an oversized rubberised handle for greater cranking power. Finally, the aluminium frame keeps moving parts in precise alignment, thereby guaranteeing many years of trouble-free fishing.
    • Power Roller II
    • Cold-Forged Aluminium Spool
    • Dyna-Balance
    • Super Stopper II
    • Floating Shaft
    • Fluidrive II
    • Line Capacity (# Test/Yards): 12/320, 14/270, 16/220
    • Ball Bearings: 2
    • Roller Bearings: 1
    • Gear Ratio: 4.4:1
    • Weight (oz): 21.3
    i've also got a squidgy dvd or 2,,, and a shimano cap,,,,,(the newer style,, not the one in the pic)

a "gold coin collection can" will be on hand for any member or guest to donate towards the great cause of Camp Quality,,, i participate in fund raising, fishing trips, and a few other ""projects"" for these kids, and i emphasise, donations are accepted,,NOT EXPECTED,,,,

Last edited by choppa; 13-10-2007 at 02:40 PM.

So far so good for me but i will post a definate yah or nah in the next couple of weeks. (when that roster comes out)

neil

G'day Choppa,

I finish night shift at 0700 on the 10th but count me in on the bribie team. Will pm a couple of others

Cheers Scott.

Yeah Brian, I'm a definite now. I'll get us there, and hopefully get us some fish too, if the islanders have left us any!
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

rechecked my diary, i don't have my daughter that weekend.

so i have spare seat in the 4b, (89 swb maverick) if anyone wants a lift or wants to join me on the beach,etc

al

Hi Choppa

Count me and hubbie and probably the older ferals in.

Would be great to put faces to names??????

If you need a hand I would be only too pleased to help out . (work permitting of course.)

Where are you going to hold it on Bribie. Foreshore would be good as we might come over from Beachmere by boat. Let me know and I'ii tell the other half what we're doing on the 10th and 11th of November.

Ronnie
    Last edited by Mrs Ronnie H; 22-10-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added more

pm's will be sent out over the next day or so inviting those that are 100% in this event to confirm numbers,,,,,

i need this to organise food etc for barbie,,, and to get an idea on what sort of comp can be held

everyone at this stage seems okay with a fish off in the morning,,, meet and chin wag in the arvo,,, but i'll make this 100% as soon as i get an idea of tides etc

ANY ONE else who responds,,, please confirm if your 100%,,, or a 50/50 chance,,

col from fisher boats has been in contact with me,,, he unfortunately can't be there on the day,,, but has promised something to sweeten the prize give away's,,,,

anything over 4 mtrs,,,and i claim it first,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa