Thread: Noosa river help

Noosa river help

hi all
    I am taking the boat up to the noosa niver this saturday, I have never fished this area b4 so I am looking for some help. we will be targeting mainly flathead so any info would be appreciated EG spots, bait, types of plastic's

thanks heaps
    Daniel

Re: Noosa river help

was up there this week. the river was supposidly firing but i found it to be pretty quiet alot of the time. we caught whiting on the flats but the numbers were no really there and did a fair bit of flattie fishing with whitebait and lures but only managed one at 54cm when we were spinning for trevs on a slug haha.

the spots to try are in the woods bays for flathead and trevs. my mate made it onto the fishing noosa website for a few good fish in that area http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/ . thats also where we nailed our fish

the river mouth/frying pan also has been fishing well for them but we didnt have all that much success due to boat traffic wrong tides etc. plastics to me becoming more of a waste of time because i can never get a bloody thing on them. i'd use live bait there for flatties (its the key to success at the moment).
    there are some good trevs and early season jacks around if the flatties arent working for you.

good luck mate

thanks bball
    i forgot about http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/

daniel

Noosa River is it's usual holiday bunfight; Kids swimming across to sandbanks, clueless loonies in hire boats, Dirty great big look-how-rich-I-am cruisers, Jet ski tours, Noosa Yippee boats, grommies in turbo charged 6hp (ha) tinnys, and the whizzo wake boats putting out more wash than the Queen Mary. Ahh relaxing. NOT

Get in early or dip out on a car&trailer parking spot.

Livies - cast net around bridge @ Sheraton, but on the non Sheraton side (snags on the NE side.)
    Then drift through Noosa Woods or Weyba Ck or if it's too crowded - highly likely - go up past cable ferry to mouth of the lake. The first corner downstream of Cooroibah has a good little drop off, but the skiers can make it a pain to fish.