Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ausfish bass diary. What can guarantee you fish?

Re: Ausfish bass diary. What can guarantee you fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    Ok i'll kick it off, I had i quick flick down the nerang this arvo from the canoe. The fresh water is seriuosly choked up with weed at the moment so it made fishing almost impossible.

So results are

2/10/07, wild, 2hours, 3fish, boat, arvo, 1016 steady

thanks to the mods for making it sticky
    Jeremy
    27/01/08, impoundment Crams farm nth nsw, lure, 2 hrs, 1 35cm Bass, arvo, no wind. no idea about barometric pressure

Just got back from Maroon. 20/7/08 impoundment, 3 of us, Bait (shrimp) morning, 6 hrs, no wind, total 32 bass, 5= 35-31cm rest were all under.

Thumbs down Re: Ausfish bass diary. What can guarantee you fish?

Somerset dam 31/08/08. Start fishing at 7.45am stop fishing at 2.00pm. Thew Jackell's, Sp's and spinerbaits for nill result. Bait shows good, no active fish, some surface shows. New moon phase wind from North at approx. 5/15 knots at times.

What if anything have you been able to deduce from this valued information?

Absolutely nothing i would imagine.

27.9.08 GC lakes, Water temp 21C, bar 1015, trolling HBs 4.30-6pm, 1 bass 33cms

8.10.08 GC lakes, water temp 25C, bar 1018, trolling Hbs 8.30-noon, 1 bass 37cms and 1x 27cms est
    Regards

Richo

25/9/08 approx 5am,air temp approx 11C,water temp unknown,baro1012 and rising(checked before departure),no fish but 2 stikes on suface lures+ surface action everywhere at North pine
    You only need know 5% more than the person to whom you are speaking to be considered a genius

Ture that 2manylure .load of crap .its easy to catch bass when u understand them fully. i think its a just another way to find out peoples spots and how to fish them myself .you's are fishing bass not jewies!!

My mistake sorry
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post

Even if we don't identify any trends in doing so we are still learning something i.e that none of the theories behind pressure etc can be validated and therefore the best time to go fishing is whenever you can, something i've always personally believed. I have been a bit lax with reporting catches myself and haven't really been following this thread. We still really don't have a very good data set, one day if i'm bored i may actually go through the reports section and make up a very simple hit miss data set but again we have the whole problem of people not reporting when they haven't caught fish which is just as important. The problem is using many different anglers with a variety of experience over different locations offers no level of control. For example my recent efforts at wivenhoe with uni, it took me 3 trips on the water before i found the fish, when i found the fish it wasn't until the end of a 3 day weekend fishing that i figured out how to best catch them. This means that the number of fish caught on any of these 6 days does not reflect the "mood" of the fish or how hot the bite was, only my experience on that dam and my knowledge as an angler. Similarly a second boat on the water on those same days fishing the same locations caught far fewer fish than in did, again a reflection of angler skill rather than how hot the bite was.

So in many ways yes your right, we haven't really been able to come up with anything. But its always good to hear some constructive imput into a topic of mutual interest.

30/01/09, somerset dam, 11 knots easterly, water temp 26 degrees, 3 bass fish caught btween 0730 to 0830

pelican waters golf course caloundra,wednesday 15th april 2009, 2 fish,6:00-1:05

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post

Always looking on the bright side,are'nt you
    Robina Lakes 30/4/09-land based-NO FISH !!!

Are you still interested in this Jeremy??

cressbrook dam 21.11.09 on water at about 3.00pm. sounded fish at about 13 to 15 feet. Clear skies, hot day water temp not known but bloody hot. 3 legal yellas, one 35 one 38 and a thick 47, and the regular smallish bass with a few near legals. Most bass on shrimp few on diving lures, all yellas on shrimp. CHEERS woody

bump, bumpty bump bump.

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Phill

You bass fisho's need to post moe on this thread to get it to stay up otherwise it may dissapear again

Cheers,
    John.