Thread: Thank you to Great White and Herm.

Thank you to Great White and Herm.

Thanks to Great White and Herm for the little impromptu M & G at their place today.

Peter was superb doing barbeque duties and of course Janine trotted out some of her famous desserts, which went down very nicely, thank you. I even managed to bring some home with me.

It was good to see some familiar faces there and some new ones as well. As usual, the topics ranged from fishing through to fishing.

Janine seemed quite chuffed that she got a mention in the September edition of Bush n Beach in Webby's article about the River to Mud M & G. If anybody missed it, be sure to read about her exploits in the September edition. She just wanted people to know that it was her.

TOL

Re: Thank you to Great White and Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Thanks to Great White and Herm for the little impromptu M & G at their place today.

Peter was superb doing barbeque duties and of course Janine trotted out some of her famous desserts, which went down very nicely, thank you. I even managed to bring some home with me.

It was good to see some familiar faces there and some new ones as well. As usual, the topics ranged from fishing through to fishing.

Janine seemed quite chuffed that she got a mention in the September edition of Bush n Beach in Webby's article about the River to Mud M & G. If anybody missed it, be sure to read about her exploits in the September edition. She just wanted people to know that it was her.

TOL

and from the choppa squad,,,,

mrs choppa and i had a bet TOL,,,, i won don't forget ya pills
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Apologys Pete for not turning up. I have just gotten home from Redlands Hospital with another 24 stitches to prove that i am an idiot. I wasn't going to come covered on claret mate .

yeah sorry to have missed it too sunday's a work day for me so maybe next time...you been playing up again Darryl???

Thanks Janine and Peter for having us over for the arvo and putting on the spread.

Still moving slowly with a belly full of Cheese cakes, caramel slice, Rice pudding, punch, salads and many many more food from the " Yummy " class.

If I had a driver I would have stayed for the footy on the BIG screen.

Hope the charter trip goes well Janine.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Na Rhy's , thought i was back in my racing days again when a guy turned up on a brand new moto this morning. Now i realise they are over and i'm old. lmao.

Thanks Everyone

It all started out with Roz offering to finish off my wrap from the rod building work shop. Little did she or anyone else know that I had an offer from another member finish off the rod thanks MR X I will have to put a photo(of the new weapon) up a bit later. So because it was already finished, I fessed up to Roz and we turned it into a sausage sizzle.

Nice to see some people I had met before and some new faces (choppa, Mrs & Jnr choppa & wags on water) Darryl what happened 24 stitches I guess that's a good excuse next time mate.

TOL & Phil don't know how you 2 put away so many cakes and still insisted on a tkae home plate for the footy tonight

Thanks again to all we hope you all had a great time.
    Last edited by Great White; 30-09-2007 at 07:09 PM.
    Peter :cool:

Thanks to Peter and Janine for the bbq lunch and the desserts. Another thanks to Roz......Mmmmmm narni cake. Can't wait til next years comp.........
    and it was great to meet more fellow ausfishers.

Cheers,

Wags

Yep...what they all said. A really nice arvo
    The cook and I had a good time alright and I walked away as full as a fat lady's sock. When I got home I just had to have a lie down for 40 winks. Just to settle the belly before the footy
    The cook wouldn't even give me any tea...she said something about me been a guts or something and to finish off the fish fritters in the fridge.

Anyways....it was good to catch up with a few...it was a shame we missed seeing a few but that's OK. There's always a next time.

I have to ask though...how come TOL and Phil got a sample bag and we didn't?? I hope you both get fat .

So ta Pete and Janine. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday arvo

PS what was in that punch?? I couldn't drink enough of it and I thought it would be just plain rude if I grabbed the bowl and drank out of that.

PSS...I better go and see Wags and try his ill gotten gains...the infamous naaarrnnee cake
    Last edited by finga; 01-10-2007 at 06:27 AM.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

seems like half of Ausfish must have been there

Thanks everyone for coming! It was a very informal thing with Roz offering to come and finish off Peter's fishing rod that was started at the RBW in May! But someone else beat her too it, so it was a leisurely lunch instead!

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I have to ask though...how come TOL and Phil got a sample bag and we didn't?? I hope you both get fat .

PS what was in that punch?? I couldn't drink enough of it and I thought it would be just plain rude if I grabbed the bowl and drank out of that.

Scotty, I think that Cassandre is holding out on you - we did a quick dessert swappsy/tasting plate in the kitchen just before you left!

Not sure what Pete put int that punch! Glad you liked it!

TOL was acting like he never seen desserts before hence the doggy bag for him (but if I knew he was going to mention that B&B article here - he would have kissed that cheescake goodbye! ) and Phil landed one too, because he was the last one to leave and I realised that I still had LOTS of desserts left over that I don't need to pick at!

Darryl - I hope that you are feeling better today! but I dare say you would be a bit tender!

PinHead - we were waiting for you mate!

Cheers
    Janine
    Last edited by Herm; 01-10-2007 at 10:28 AM.

I just sussed out the fridge...
    She was keeping a bit quite about the contents I'd say
    So smoko was really good today
    Thanks for the heads up Janine
    Last edited by finga; 01-10-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Well Janine, you DID say that you felt quite good about getting mentioned in Webby's report about the River to Mud. You even said that your Mum went out out and bought the September edition of Bush n Beach.

I was just trying to be helpful, that's all.

TOL

[quote=finga;691443]

You don't need to worry Scott I think all told Phill had you covered beating you by at least a couple of glasses

The look on poor Roz's face when I said there was a full bottle vodka in it Priceless

Not too bad a result only a couple of no shows but they did have good reasons
    Peter :cool:

It certainly was an awesome dessert spread. I definitely got my bag limit

Thanks Pete & Janine for an enjoyable arvo. It was good catching up with some familiar faces, and making new acquaintences.

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by DaveB; 01-10-2007 at 08:08 PM.