Thread: Fishing book

Fishing book

A old mate that is looking at retiring and getting into fishing for something to do does not know where to start. I would teach him but he is too far away for it to be practical.
    What fishing book would one recomend for an absolute beginner starting out fishing in rivers ect. Something to teach them everyting they need to know to catch a feed in SEQ.

Edit : has anyone got a copy they would like to give up.
    Last edited by kind_cir; 29-09-2007 at 04:38 PM.

Re: Fishing book

The soft plastic book by Steve Starling and Kaj Bushy' Bush

The late Ron Calcutt wrote what I think is a thought provoking and useful book - the complete book of fishing.

Combine that with this site, a couple of the Qld fishing papers, and a chat with a good and trusted tackle shop, and it should all come together.

Truth be told, a really good tackle shop, on a quiet day, should be about enough - but be fair to them and pick your time

G'day!

Can I suggest if you know enough about fishing to teach him, then you could review the available books at your local bookworld or QBD. Make sure the book is written for Australia and includes the type of fishing your friend would do. Not much point if it only raves on about King George Whiting in South Australia and Snapper in Port Philip Bay if your friend is going to fish Queensland.

I notice Kmart have a few inexpensive books on fishing of various types.

Your friend's local library may have books, videos, dvds and magazines on fishing.

I hav epicked up a few books on fishing from Lifeline, Vinnies and the Salvos. They are always worth a look, and often are surporising cheap even for 2nd hand books.

Ray de R