Thread: FADS

FADS

Hey Ausfish members.

On our Vanuatu holliday last year I managed to get out for a fish with a top bloke there.

We got YFT,Mahi Mahi Hooked one hell of a marlin (line broke).

We trolled around a FAD.

I was wondering if we have theese FADS on the south coast of NSW.

Cheers people MJF

Re: FADS

Quote Originally Posted by mad jewie fisher View Post
    Hey Ausfish members.

On our Vanuatu holliday last year I managed to get out for a fish with a top bloke there.

We got YFT,Mahi Mahi Hooked one hell of a marlin (line broke).

We trolled around a FAD.

I was wondering if we have theese FADS on the south coast of NSW.

Cheers people MJF
    Mad .....They are right up & down the NSW coast ..... If you go to the NSW fisheries web site , you can get the GPS cordinates .... Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by mad jewie fisher View Post
    Hey Ausfish members.

snip snip snip

Cheers people MJF
    Mad, I am heading to Vanuatu in 3 weeks... can you maybe PM me some pointers as to how I can get onto a fish??? charter maybe???? the bloke you went out with??

cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by quigley595 View Post
    Mad, I am heading to Vanuatu in 3 weeks... can you maybe PM me some pointers as to how I can get onto a fish??? charter maybe???? the bloke you went out with??

cheers
    Mike
    pm sent Mike

Nagg is right about the GPS co-ords normally being on the web site. See http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/...fads/locations

Apparently they haul them out every winter for maintenance, so there is nothing on the site at the moment about their detailed locations. The South Coast ones are normally located off Wollongong, Kiama, Jervis Bay (Currarong) and Eden.

Myde

Quote Originally Posted by myde View Post
    Nagg is right about the GPS co-ords normally being on the web site. See http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/...fads/locations

Apparently they haul them out every winter for maintenance, so there is nothing on the site at the moment about their detailed locations. The South Coast ones are normally located off Wollongong, Kiama, Jervis Bay (Currarong) and Eden.

Myde
    I'm surprised that they haven't been deployed yet ...... would only be days away ! .... I've gotta call into the San Souci fisheries office this week .... So I'll ask .... Nagg