Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Colleges Crossing/Brissy River

Re: Fishing Colleges Crossing/Brissy River

Quote Originally Posted by jate01 View Post
    hey mate iv fished at colleges for years, if you setup about 50 mt right of the boat ramp there early morn and dusk on the high tides you will have a good chance of catching a few bull sharks, only on live bait though. at night is also good for bream near the weed banks, fish with little or no weight. cheers

joel
    What do you use for live bait? I've tried live and dead baits there and also around the bridge with no luck. And are there any spots to cast net that often produce good size livies for the bullies?

Cheers
    Paul

Re: Fishing Colleges Crossing/Brissy River

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    What do you use for live bait? I've tried live and dead baits there and also around the bridge with no luck. And are there any spots to cast net that often produce good size livies for the bullies?

Cheers
    Paul
    Sorry to bring up a old thread folks.

Get there at low tide, on the way in, and net anywhere from the bridge back to the boat ramp for some good size 4 to size 6 gang mullets and some decent sized talapia.
    I have caught 2 sharks there on 20+ cm Talapias on size 6 gangs (92 and 159 cm), and have had some monster size bites that I have snapped 30 lb line on the bite strength alone.

If you go chasing the Bullys, make sure you are using no-less than 40 lb line.
    I personally use 50 lb with a 80 lb wire 30 cm trace. But I don't make a habbit of chasing them.

My cousin and I have also caught some 20 cm gars, 50 +cm mullets, 5 foot pike eel, 3 foot long lungies, 25 - 35 cm breams, meter long threadies, and a hell of a lot of catties and turtles.

It's a lucky dip. Just need to know what times are the best to fish, and what baits to use.