Thread: moreton beach side rigs

moreton beach side rigs

Hi all heading over to moreton on friday i will be camping beach side any talior around. i always use bream hooks and only catch small fish we normally throw most of back but this year iv got a massive surf rod and reel to match any rigs i should be using like gang hooks i normaaly just use a running sinker but i with gangs i use a triple swivel any tips be sweet sorry about the short notice.

p.s i leave fri morning thanks all

Re: moreton beach side rigs

A few tips...

Use a very heavy trace for the tailor ( i use .55 mm schneider).

I use a running rig for tailor aswell, this seems to be the standard on the east coast, it works for me.

I'm not sure how many tailor there will be, but i doubt there will be a run of choppers because they are up at fraser at the moment. However there may be a few greenbacks around, worth a try on dusk.

cheers

rockfisho

Was there a few weeks ago and the tailor were hitting slugs. Bait wise I'd go gangs with a running sinker. If they are on the chew you should get smashed. Have plenty of spare leaders and check for abrasion after each hook up.

You can cast net up at tailor bite for poddy mullet. We did and the boys got wiped at night. Busted steel trace, straightened hooks. There was some pretty big thiongs in the surf at night.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

Hi grey

I was on Moreton about 6 weeks ago.
    I put a fairly long post in the reports section.

There were tailor about but a bit on the slow side
    But the bream were everywhere. We would put half a dozen pillies in the bait box, wander down and get wet, and come back with 1 or 2 tailor and 3 or 4 bream. All on gang hooks. And the bream were big fat ones too.
    Sit down and have a beer then grab some more pillies and go again.

Have fun.

Im off to Tin Can for a week..