Thread: anyone fish in Tallebudgera creek?

anyone fish in Tallebudgera creek?

saw a thing on Bris31 last night, the were fishing in tallebudgera creek, it looked nice. am thinking it might be a nice quiet?? spot to take my little girl for a fish, is this so? & how does it fish?? & which is the best, safest boat ramp to use?
    cheers all
    Last edited by DR; 26-09-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Re: anyone fish in Tallebudgera creek?

hey mate
    i fish there a bit and sometime it fires but sometimes you wont get a touch. went there this morning and got 2 bream on the surface in the canals. a good ramp there is on tallybudgera drive near the speed ring. if you are just going to get your daughter into a few fish you would be better off going in currumbin creek which is just a couple of minutes south of tally.

T-roy

I think theres only the 2 ramps at Tallabudgera on the south side then another on the north side.
    Ive done a bit of fishong there but have only caught heaps of small whiting,Bream and Flathead it can get very busy on the weekends with all the Boats that are out skiing and tubing etc:
    I reckon going as far up the river as you can get might producew some good fish.

i love fishing talli canals with soft plastics. heps of different fish but the barracuda can be a bit of a pest.

if you do venture further up stream, keep an eye on the sounder as it does get very shallow in places.
    .......Ash

I love the place nice summer whiting in the swimming pool at night time.
    Luderick of the rocks at the mouth of the creek.
    And Jacks and Cod in the creeks.
    reccomend it to any one

G'day jpart10,

Which part is called the, 'swimming pool'?

Louis

Louis i think the swimming pool is an area on the south western side of the bridge that has been netted off and has those blue floating thingasaround it for all the young kids to swim in.

I have caught some good trevally under the pylons of the bridge using whitebait. I have also had good whiting from the beach next to the 'swimming pool'. Once I saw a guy having great success with catching mullet on a floated rig inside the swimming pool.

Its a busy spot on weekends so I tend to avoid it now.

Some decent jacks upstream, but as T-roy says, you're probably better off trying currumbin creek, also a way upstream.

cuzza

keep your sounder on it gets shallow

Have fished the northern side for small whiting. Got some yabbies around the boat ramp there but very scarce. Saw some trevs smash bait near the creek. Busy as hell on weekends with skiers there'll be a incident before to long.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!