Thread: Ballina Fishos

Ballina Fishos

Hey just wondering where i can chase some kingys in the area.. i have a boat.. i have seen some big fish come in at the ramp.. i don't want any secret locations unless willing to share but do you need to go out wide and fish deep or inshore and any certain techniques would be nice cheers fella

Re: Ballina Fishos

I fish out of brunswick heads sometimes , no shortage of kingys on any structure besides the locals . So I'd say any marks you have for any structure out of ballina would be the same . I also landbase allot and have found in this area while 2.2 kms away Julians is packed with boiling kings i will only spin up the odd rat off the stones .

Bigger fish off the surface seem to be rare compared to downrigging the droppoffs of structure or jigging ..And while there are kings all year round , up here they really come on in the up and coming warmer months thru to autumn .. Hope thats helpful ..
    cheers dan

Re: Ballina Fishos

thanks mate yeh that helped abit i just gotta get a few more marks which arent local and regulary fished i guess