Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shimano fireblood

shimano fireblood

Hi,
    Does anyone out there know too much about the new Shimano Fireboold range?
    I was thinking I may like a upper end fishing combo, something around the 2500 , 4 kg size and have only heard the Shimano propaganda, which was all good as you would expect.
    Any advice, or should I look for something else as an alternative?
    All advice appreciated.
    Tim

Re: shimano fireblood

ive seen the fireblood and it looked nice and had a great drag but i didnt think
    it was worth the money.
    i didnt lke the handle on it either.
    otherwise still a nice reel. wait for a few months untill the price comes down

Don't know if is going to come down in price much. Heard that Shimano are trying to develop some gear much like the tournament gear from Daiwa. Will have to wait and see.....

its currently 750 at the moment and i got the sam reel from jpan for less than half that price so thanks to mr dunphy for raisen the price so much

I heard a bad report from a contact in Asia. I'd wanna hear some good reports in Aus about it before I paid that much for it!

Is that $750 for the reel only Kid?
    And the bad reports, is that because they don't have the good spools, which may only be available as an after market product unlike the Japanese gear?
    Tim

What about a Certate HD or custom R rig then, a better option for the money?
    Tim
    Last edited by Tim_N; 25-09-2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_N View Post
    What about a Certate HD or custom R rig then, a better option for the money?
    Tim
    Get certate you won't look back.. Awesome drag, Smooth as!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_N View Post
    Is that $750 for the reel only Kid?
    And the bad reports, is that because they don't have the good spools, which may only be available as an after market product unlike the Japanese gear?
    Tim
    yep its 750 for the reel and in my opinion get the certate deffinately

I am suprised how many of you have a fireblood to compare with the certate to give such valued judgements.

Jim

i saw the fireblood for $620 for a 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    I am suprised how many of you have a fireblood to compare with the certate to give such valued judgements.

Jim
    Can you shed any light on this reel?

I imagine those that have offered their advice here have seen the specs, Knowing that the reel in question is a derivative of the stella and positioned below it. Many have compared the Stella to the Certate over the years and have reached their own conclusion, so it is fair to say they might have quite valuable judgements to give.
    Everyone is free to give "their opinion" especially when invited to do so!

Roo.

Been quoted $600 for a Fireblood 1000. $750 is more than i paid for my first stella 1000fb. Tim_N have a look around, you can pick up a 2500fb stella for a bit over $500 dollars in aus at the moment due to the new model release. Basskid did you get a fireblood or the japan model Sephia if its a fireblood could you let me know were i can order one, i can only get prices on sephia's.

Cheers Damien
    When the wife said i could get a lab i think she meant a dog.

LABSPORT XT 200H.O. etec

ive had a play with it and im not getting horn like i do picking up any certate steez and family from daiwa. didnt like the handle and dont think it fits the price tag. sustain feels just as good. the rods on the other hand are very nice

Bugger it, after reading Franks post, I will be getting a Certate 2500 custom R or something along those lines. What about things like the Fuego or Sol etc (all these names, I can't keep up) or do you just get a Certate and be done with it. Remember the reel will live in a saltwater environment, so I'm still after advice.
    Tim