mum or dad said!
    barometric presure
    missus thinks your mad for reading ausfish all the time
    missus thinks your mad for trying to catch fish the rest of the time
    water temp
    time of year
    closed season
    and star signs
    Geeze I'm glad I don't have worry about tides!!!

Can someone please knock me up a calender with the best days and time to fish in the 2360 area???.
    Thanks wamjam

Re: i can guarantee you fish !

lol spot on wamjam , sorry didnt catch up the other day i tried calling you but you must have new number, im off to the goldy for flathead comp talk soon, pm me if you wish ..bdowdy..brett

hi Matt Campbell, i'm glag you mentioned the grey and white days. my first fishing diary was kept in one of the almanacs, i noticed that while the times were spot on the days seemed to be reversed. if the almanac said it was goig to be a good day i had a shocker while the bad days i did pretty well . crazy !!
    jamie

No jim lad stop right there.

don't spill the beans any further...........at least till you've written a magazine article and got paid for it

regardless of the scientific validity there are people who will pay for this sort of information.

Hell you could write a book on "alternative fishing methods"

or may be open a service that gives celestial guidance for fishing

You can bet your last length of fishing line that there will be some sort of fung sui philosophy about fishing.

Regardles of the truth or effectiveness of the matter, a book about various " folk beliefs" about fishing would be a great read.

These things are always a big pile of festering dung.......... but somewhere in that pile of dung there is always a gem of truth..

cheers

Gday old boot
    Mate I think jamie is to genuine of a bloke to make a dollar out of his theory ,otherwise he wouldn't have shared it with us all. Looking foward to trying it, combined with some of the above.
    Thanks for sharing Jamie.
    wamjam

hi oldboot and wam jam, hey oldboot theres a song that goes "roses really smell like poo ! " i thought about making money out of my theory but who would buy it , i wouldn't ! i'm not happy i'm the one who worked this out because it sounds like a crock of shit ! it took a lot of convincing of myself to put this info out there because it makes me an easy target.
    heres some more primary days for the rest of the year.
    primary - 1/11, 9/11, 11/11, 19/11, 20/ 11, 27/11, 28/11, 6/12, 7/12, 8/12, 16/12, 17/12, 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 (morning only this day)
    please note that on the 10/11 there is a new moon and even though it happens to be a primary day i dont reccomend any one fish this day , i wont !
    secondry days - 4/11, 5/11, 6/11(morning only this day) 14/11, 15/11, 23/11, 24/11, 1/12, 2/12, 3/12, 11/12,12/12, 13/12, 20/12, 21/12, 29/12, 30/12.
    i'll try to explain a bit more. the astrological calender and moon planting guide is by thomas zimmer it helps to plant ,prune etc. it works quite well i began using this calender as my fishing diary and worked out that wheh the moon is in a water sign ( picses, cancer , scorpio) this fishing was consistantly good.
    the calender itself is on a poster with the days and dates in a ring (almost like a clock for the year) inside the ring shows the months and what star sign the sun is in (the zodiac) on the outside of the ring shows the phases of the moon and the moon signs (what starsign the moon is in) the water signs (pisces, cancer ,scorpio) are 3 star signs apart and thats where i got my secondry days (moon in taurus, virgo, capricorn) from, they are in the middle of the water signs. every second moon sign is either a primary or secondry fishing time.
    if you can find out what star sign the moon is in, the info must be out there somewhere you probably dont need one of these calenders. the guy who does them must get the info from somewhere and he gets a years worth.
    i wont fish on a new moon i cant seem to catch fish that day , anyone else have this problem ?
    i also wont fish friday 13th, i've had two eletric motors blow up on me both on friday 13th's (different days) i'm not really superstious but i got the message !
    jamie

Hey Jamie, I wouldn't worry too much about being an easy target, sure a lot of people will have a go at you,( just a bit of fun ) but I'm also sure that a lot of the same people will still be thinking about your fishing diary. Myself included.
    I learned a long time ago that you never stop learning, and not to close your mind to something because it's unkmown to you.
    We have all had day's when fish almost jump onto our lines and others when we stand around scratching our bums and waiting for a fish to stike. These can be days where nothing seems out of the ordinary ie, time of day, barometric pressure, time of year, boat has the right stickers on it.
    I've often thought, why did the fish hit today ????
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, knowledge and experience on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    I've often thought, why did the fish hit today ????
    i've often thought why did i FISH today ????

After revisting this thread to look for the prediction dates for december, i did a bit of googling and found a handy tide/moonphase predictor that a guy set up using the Maori moon phase calender to predict best fishing times. i figured you lot might like to look at it. I already had a tide predictor on my desktop, but this ahas the added bonus of Moon phase, tidal flow, and a graph for peak bite periods. The attachemnt is a snapshot of todays graph. the pink bits are the peaks for bite times.

http://www.wtides.com/fishing.htm

Cheers Roo.
    Last edited by Roo; 30-11-2007 at 08:47 AM.

Well, I gave it a go. Check the Attachment Graph in the above post and see the Pink coloured Bite peak period at dawn for 1 dec tweed region and then check my report in Offshore for tweed saturday..4:30am and the bait that i'd expext to find on the reef were nowhere to be seen but there were fish holding on the front edge of the reef and they were hungry.....untill about 7am when they were no longer keen to feed and had spread over the top of the reef.
    I guess It may be just luck or coincidence, but nothing like a bit of success to get you thinking!!

Cheers Roo.

I normally don't go in for hippy gear like this, but I'll try it for sure. Even if it doesn't work, I will have a lot of time away from the girls nagging and crying at home in the name of science, and it certainly can't hurt my fishing record

pm me the date for the next 3months for the best days to fish the fresh mate