Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i can guarantee you fish !

Re: i can guarantee you fish !

NoBoat, that is awesome.
    You fished 8 times for not even a bite, then smacked the bream, and it was only a nominated secondary day!!!

Cant wait to see your results for a primary date.

cheers
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    NoBoat, that is awesome.
    You fished 8 times for not even a bite, then smacked the bream, and it was only a nominated secondary day!!!

Cant wait to see your results for a primary date.

cheers
    brian
    Mate she's guna be like winning the LOTO!

Awesom!

Toss this in,
    I fished my never fail flathead spot yesterday arvo after work, consistantly manage a feed of fresh fish at this local, it was a secondary date, should still be ok though hey, 20 knots of northerly and the water was like mud, 2 half hearted bumps and not a fish banked.
    Dunno, maybe its just me

cheers
    brian

Nice theory Jamie. Good to see someone putting a bit scientific process into working out why some days fish better than others.

I have started a diary aswell, its about 6months old so a bit early to tell.

I fish down the local weir for barra. I have had a huge problem in working out why the fish bite one day and not the next.

Its a very very small system I fish in so the fish cant go far, some days i'll pull up 6-7 barra in an hour. I go down the next and get none. I have been trying to work out a moon phase pattern for ages now.

I'll def give yours a crack, i'll post back my results

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Toss this in,
    I fished my never fail flathead spot yesterday arvo after work, consistantly manage a feed of fresh fish at this local, it was a secondary date, should still be ok though hey, 20 knots of northerly and the water was like mud, 2 half hearted bumps and not a fish banked.
    Dunno, maybe its just me

cheers
    brian
    From what I coud gather it was a secondary day and you had to fish the morning only to be successfull.
    They would of knocked off after the morning feeding frenzy. Sorry you missed it ah.

thanks to everyone who's replied to this thread. i had to write "i can guarantee you fish" to get people to read this. i'm not the best fisherman in the world and i have caught no fish on several occaisions, even on my so called good days. but since i've been using the moon to go fishing i've had more success than i've ever had before. if i go fishing on a primary moon day (pisces, scorpio,cancer) i can bet that i will catch fish, my success rate is about 95%. the word "fish" is both singular and plural so one fish is enough. that doesn't sound many i know but compared to none it sounds better. i mainly fish freshwater (99% of the time) so i can only comment on my freshwater experience, i know saltwater is effected by tides and wind etc. thats why this thread is in the freshwater chat. i've gone fishing on days that aren't on my good days list and caught heaps and next time i've gone on a primary moon day caught none , so i know my theory is not perfect but it's something. i wish it was perfect, but thats why they call it "FISHING" not catching ! please keep the comments coming (good or bad ! ) i'd like to know how people went. if my theory can help you catch fish i've done my job haha.
    jamie

yeah, i agree, the hard hitting titles get people reading.....noboat and br65, i think you are a pair of smartasses. Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    yeah, i agree, the hard hitting titles get people reading.....noboat and br65, i think you are a pair of smartasses. Sean
    SEAN IS A SMARTASS TOO!
    Sorry about the hard hitting title, I just wanted people to read it

Gee I love this site

You guys crack me up !!!

so eloquently put there Sean.

Jaimie, please keep posting your results and hopefully show me that you can guarantee fish according to the moon.

cheers
    brian
    Last edited by BR65; 01-10-2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: thought better of my response to sean

Sorry bout the silly stuff, but back to bussiness.

A little tip worth trying to help in your own mind to back up your system woud be to go through the reports section and see if your dates consistantly corrispond with good catches. Or see if your dates yeild a higher catch rate and quality.
    Lots of info right there to see if your on track.
    Example: you might find out of 100% of reports 70% corrispond with your dates.

Hey Jamie is your diary hand writen or as a excel spread sheet. Theres a bit of talk about putting it to a proper scientific test. If you have 3 years worth of data from both peak and non peak days with both positive and negative results (ie days when you caught no fish aswell as days when you caught heaps on both non peak and peak days) listed and i can do a proper statistical analysis for you to determine if and to what degree your days are better/worse/similar to non peak days. All i need is the peak dates, dates fished and number of fish caught

unfortunately i don't have my old calenders with my fishing results. it might sound like a cop out but i don't have any sceintific proof. since i moved to chillingham in 2002 i haven't kept a diary, i just try to go fishing on the so called good days. sometimes i go on so called bad days because i just want to fish, i've had mixed results on these days.i've had mixed results on good days too. i still maintain that if i go on a primary day i will catch fish and would bet money on it.
    i'll give out more dates soon and try and explain more about the calenders soon.
    jamie

Jamie

I use the Anglers almanac alot. If its a white day in the almanac, I know i'm gunna struggle to get a longy out off Bribie. Same with bassing. I'll still go but the number of times I've gone out on a white day and drawn a blank isn't just co-incidence in my opinion. With the price of fuel these days, might pay to fish the black/dark grey days only.

Matt C
    Last edited by Matt_Campbell; 02-10-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orbyroo View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Jamie, I'll be sure to take special note of my results tomorrow and if i do alright I'll let you know
    cheers, Roo.
    tomorrow never came while packing my gear in the car, i was distracted enough to forget to put one of my bags in the car.......the one with all the reels in it as we were 2hrs away for a family gig, i didn't get to go back for them...
    I did have a lash on sunday arvo down at my local creek just on dusk with some mini poppers....1 whiting hooked up but an early release due to drag not set so hooks didn't set. a few bream had a sip at it and a flathead boofed it but no hookup.
    went out in the boat on monday. tried a few weed beds again with the mini poppers. 1 little rat bream and a few missed. moved up to the whiting grounds up stream and waded the flats, a few more missed hits before popper gets boofed by a nice 60cm flatty. yum yum fish for tea. a few more bream on pastics but all just rats.

cheers, Roo.