Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i can guarantee you fish !

Re: i can guarantee you fish !

I too have been keeping a diary for a number of years,And I've found patterns in moon phases,And in seasons that seem to produce better than others.Both in salt,And fresh.

I can also refer to my diary's and confirm :- Fish in genral,Can be caught on every day in the lunar cycle.

I believe that the old war related saying...Know your enemy.Will serve you well in hunting/finding your quarry.

Your brain is the deadliest weapon in your fishing arsenal by far.Use it.(Study your targets habbits),Add persistance,And you'll find and catch fish.

But....If there is one thing I've learnt in my time as an angler,That I'd set in stone.It would be :-

There's no such thing as a (Guarantee) when it comes to fishing.

Cheers. B8.
    Last edited by Hardb8; 25-09-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Well here's another theroy! Im going fishing this wknd at Monduran, i cant guarentee that i'll catch fish, but there's one certainity ................. I WILL HAVE ONE HELL OF A GOOD TIME, FISH OR NO FISH!

hope this can answer your questions ! first of all you need an astronomical calender with a moon planting guide. these can be found at hippie/health food stores . the primary days for fishing are when the moon is in scorpio, pisces, and cancer (notice that these are all water creatures scorpion/lobster crayfish, fishes,and crab) and the secondry days are when the moon is in capricorn, taurus and virgo. if you use this formula you can't go wrong, i know you can catch fish on any day (i'm not an idiot, though some may disagree) but this does work and i always seem to catch more on the good days. it's not a confidece thing because i'm always confident.
    please don't think this is a crack pot theory untill you've tried it youself, then if you don't catch fish you can critisize me !! i wen't fishing today 26/9 (moon in pisces) and caught 11 bass on lures from 6.00am till 9.30am. seems to work for me !

Quote Originally Posted by jamie martin View Post
    besides theres no such thing as a good fisherman, only good liars because you can't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Ive got a bridge for sale if any ones interested

OK so you say to go fishing when there's a Scorpion, Fish or Crab with the moon. Or, the secondry is a Goat, a Bull or a Virgin. Hmmmmmm, let's see. I'll pick the Virgin, as long as there are no Crabs involved.

I tend to think that this as a lot of Taurus about Pisces myself. Just fish on any day starting with "T", Tuesday, Thursday, Today and Tomorrow!!

I'm going fishing this sunday... I'll let you know how I go

A few have made some tongue in cheek comments, and I'll admit, its an easy target, but i'll bet you'll all file this in the memory bank and hope it works for you. The Anglers Almanac uses a similar Lunar cycle principle and various Pacific islanders have systems of thier own.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Jamie, I'll be sure to take special note of my results tomorrow and if i do alright I'll let you know
    cheers, Roo.

thanks for your support Roo, it's easy for some people to say my moon theory is crazy but at least i had the guts to put my name to this thread . i've been useing astrological calenders for 12 years and it took years to work this out. i thought this web site was about shareing information , not making negative comments. it's funny that the first people to shoot me down never tested my theory, to be a good fisherman you should be open to new ideas otherwise we would still be using rocks and spears. i only started this thread so other people could have good fishing like i have been enjoying. good luck fishing !

WOW!
    I went for a fish today and after thinking I had lost my fishing Mojo I am glad to say it's back.
    2 or 3 weekends ago I got a good feed and since then nothing, not even a bite and I had been fishing 8 times. This was rather unusual and I wanted my Mojo back.
    A couple of days ago I read this thread and thought sounds like it may work.
    I Hit the water this morning in the Passage at Caloundra and got 4 whiting, 1 bream, and 1 flathead. This has been a real boost and I think I may not get too worried anymore if I don't catch a feed when it's the wrong date.

So could you please post up the dates for the rest of the year so I don't go insane.

sounds like a great time " noboat"thanks for your support, i went fishing this morning 30/9 (moon in taurus) and caught 4 bass on lures , the biggest was 44cm. i don't go salt water fishing much but when i do it's always on a good day. i'll get around to posting the dates for the rest of the year soon . be on the look out for an asrological calender with a moon planting guide they should be on sale soon, then you can work it out for yourself next year. all the best noboat please let me know when you go fishing again.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie martin View Post
    i will only go fishing on the above mentioned days, all other days are a waste of time.
    I'll give you that moon phase can play a significant role in effecting fish activity, but to say all other days other than the ones on your calander are a waste of time is a bit far fetched. Water temp, stages of migration and spawning, abundance of bait fish, insect hatches (moon dependant by the way), barometric pressure all play a part aswell plus probably another dozen parametres unknown to me and the rest of mankind. I would say that the biggest hurdle for wild bass fishing is where they are in migration, there's no point fishing in the top reaches if they are all still down in the salt and so on.

Heres a test, fish every day at the same time and location for a year and then get back to us and we'll see how you go. Already from you comments we can see that you did comparitivly worse with only 4 bass compared to 11.

I have to admit, I have been reading this thread with quite a deal of interest.
    I, like orbyroo found it a little insulting the way people shoot down someone because they dont know them....if this theory was put forth by someone like, say, brownie, everyone would be saying how great it was and talking it up b4 they even try it. In reality, we can't really comment on it's merits or dismerits for a year or so....until we have real evidence for or against.

As JM is the only one who has this, I think he is the only one who can truly comment on it. For all we know, this is probably a very similar system to solunar peaks and how they are worked out.

As orbyroo said, you can bet there is not many people who read this thread that won't check back on it next time they go fishing. I for one have and feel very much how the hell can I tell if or not I beleive it as it's 1 FISHING TRIP!!! 4 Bass on saturday 29/9 but a really slow day.

Anyway, I will take it seriously until I have knowledge that tells me otherwise. Thanks for sharing Jamie Martin, don't worry about the knockers, You will get plenty of them here (wait till you keep a fish!!!lol)

I actually saw one of the charts the other day and struggled to read it so any help in that reguard would be appreciated, Thanks mate, Sean

Jamie, thanks for your input in shareing your system with us and my apoligies if my posts appeared negative to you, how ever I am relying on my personal experience, both fresh and salt water angling.
    Ive tried fishing the the peak bite times according to various differant systems, and I am un-convinced that any one person can guarantee that they will catch a fish according to where the moon is in relation to an astrology sign.
    I will certainly agree that some moon phases are more conducive to peak bite periods (and will plan off shore trips accordingly), but there are simply to many variables to say with absolute certainty that at a particular time you will catch a fish.
    I can maximize my chances of catching a flathead by fishing a low tide change in the estuary, or a barra in an impoundment at a dawn/dusk session in the fresh, tailor off the rocks in a sou wester, but I still have to fish in the right place with the right technique to (hopefully) have some modicum of success, moon phase is only one ingrediant in the mix.

Mate, keep the posts comeing on your results, with regard to your prefered fishing dates, Im allways keen to learn something new, I just dont agree that the moon phase is the be all and end all when it comes to a successfull trip.

cheers
    brian

I have been following this thread for a bit and thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. we went fresh water fishing on friday morning and absolutely caned it. Using the same techniques and location this morning produced nothing. If my memory serves me correct friday was a null day on your calcs and today a secondary day. Correct me if I'm wrong. Ta Shayne

WOW!
    Cleaned up again this morn with 30 odd bream and lots of bait activity on the surface I ditched the bait for a popper which accounted for around half the catch. All bream were released as they were in the 23-24cm range {leagle 23cm}. Was hoping for some bigger and if I kept all leagle fish the esky and freezer would be full.
    Can't wait for the 13&14/10 { peak fishing dates} as I will be having a camping and fishing trip down Bribie. I am so cofident I will not pack the food and just eat fresh fish all weekend.