Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: A Crying Shame/Whats going on?

Re: A Crying Shame/Whats going on?

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    Yes you can however you can still see their post and will get a message like this when that person does post. Sorry finga using you as an example only
    At least I'm always good to make an example out of...I think that's good?? or is that bad
    Anyways thanks matey
    Last edited by finga; 27-09-2007 at 12:42 PM.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

What I know, but in the past didn't take into account, is that text is a pretty ordinary way of communicating - the gurus reckon most of the message we get is in the tone and non verbals, such as body language. Letters on a page, with a few emoticons don't quite stack up.

So, it's easy to give offence here where perhaps none was intended.

On a related point, some grew up with healthy conflict and argument, and aren't bothered by it, or even value it as way to a version of the truth, (that could be me:-) ) and others can't deal with that kind of thing at all. So, we healthy conflict lovers might do well to back off a bit.

Artesian

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    Yes you can however you can still see their post and will get a message like this when that person does post. Sorry finga using you as an example only
    So can everyone else in the thread see the message ??

Sort of defeats the purpose if only the one member cannot see what has been posted.
    Won't stop the rot, you just won't see it yourself but it will still be there for everyone else to see and react to.

Don't get me wrong it is certainly better than nothing
    Cheers
    Mark

Maybe alongside the thanks tab, the mods could invent a W@nker tab

Accruing a few of these next to your name should be a good incentive for keeping your mouth shut.

Cheers

Pete
    Last edited by Grand_Marlin; 28-09-2007 at 09:30 AM.

Good call Pete
    Cheers
    Mark

public forums are just that - public.

1000 people will have 1000 different ideas the way the world should run.

ignore the knockers & get on with it.

it shows more maturity to ignore them then to enter into an argument. nothing p!sses me off more then to see someone being baited into verbal abuse - it's weak!

there's no room in your life for others bnllsh!t, deal with your own.

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin View Post
    Maybe alongside the thanks tab, the mods could invent a W@nker tab

Accruing a few of these next to your name should be a good incentive for keeping your mouth shut.

Cheers

Pete
    i thought i was voting for w@nker, but i accidently thanked you instead!

Very Funny SR

Now, where was that ignore button again?

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Hi Pete,

Trust you to have enough spirit left to put up a post with this subject Good on you mate!

What follows as a result of a controversial post is what many don't understand. If you are guilty of antagonistic comments on this forum, don't persist and make life unpleasant for others who have freely posted of their experiences. Even after making admission of wrong doings or careless choice of words ( everyone makes mistakes) people persist with the determination of a bull terrier with a bone, and don't leave it alone. It's this component of AF members that have forced the show of hands. Posts will likely now consist of :

Left Manly at 5.00am to spotx
    Good catch of fish by 7.00am
    Home by 10.00am
    Maybe a photo if you are lucky with all the background greyed out by photoshop!!

How boring will that be?? I don't know the answer except the mods issue warnings where it's needed.

Scalem
    just need :
    Approximate Location: eg Bay or Pin
    Fish Caught:
    Bait or plastics
    Pics.

saves on all the typing

Here ya go. Here is a negative comment on a bass report. Get yer nooses ready, assemble the mob and go lynch him.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=117410
    No different to what I wrote about someone photographing a flathead.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Here ya go. Here is a negative comment on a bass report. Get yer nooses ready, assemble the mob and go lynch him.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=117410
    No different to what I wrote about someone photographing a flathead.

Jeremy
    The difference with that thread is that the lads seem to be dedicated c and r fishoes and they have been offered some constructive critisism on how best to handle their catch's while minimizing the damage to the fish.
    Me,well I will continue to catch and eat my bag limit(if I'm good enough) of macs and reef fish.

Scott