Thread: South Australia, Adelaide, Middleton, XMass

South Australia, Adelaide, Middleton, XMass

Have fished Adelaide area a bit over years since about 1985, have always caught Whiting, Tommy Roughs and have tried from boat and land. I want to ramp it up a bit a catch some bigger varieties, my granny has a shack at Middleton, does anyone know if it is worth taking some heavier gear and try off the beach or rocks there? If so what might I expect to catch and what with.

Re: South Australia, Adelaide, Middleton, XMass

Hi Roobone

I used to surf Middleton when I was a kid (quite a while ago now)

Beach fishing around Victor Harbor can be good weather permitting,
    There are places to fish rocks and beach for salmon and sharks Waitpinga is a good beach,
    A four wheel drive and the right time of year you can fish the beach from Goolwa to the murray mouth for big jewies,snapper,salmon and some good kg's,
    Lure fishing the mouth casting out and accross the fresh water comming out,
    If theres not much water comming out fish the inside side with pillies,
    The beach all the way down to the mouth is tops just find a good gutter burley it try to get some livies if not pillies will work,

Try the cockle shuffle and you got your own fresh bait (pippi's) just go into the water a bit and shuffle your feet sideways and grab them good bait for mullet whiting and salmon trout.

The jewies you get along there range from 5kg to 40kg so good rods abd reels are a must.

The rip can be quick so go to the local tackle shop ang get snapper leads with 4 wires from them bend them like a anchor at the bottom of your rig with pillies try to get them on the larger side 3 ganged 5-6 o's If livies then 8 o

80 pound trace

Park your car high up as the tide comes right up

Dont forget the arogard as fly and mozzies can get bad.
    Fantistic place to visit and fish.

If you got a boat the 5 and 7 mile reefs are good,got some nice reds to 12kg there and trevs deep sea bream jews and with a stocking around a squid head dropped down some nice crays also,
    Watch the weather can get dam big in the Southern ocean.http://fishnet.com.au/information/gps.html
    This link will give you the GPS marks for them also other jew spots.

Have fun there and enjoy this magnificent area .

Cheers MJF

That is sensational info. Thanks a lot. I had my first surf ever around Middleton and my cousin Adrian Wright used to frequent the area surfing. You have inspired me to pack my rods and give the area a work out this Xmass coming. Catch you later.

Mad Jewie Fisher is spot on.

Have a look here for fishing around Victor Harbour:
    http://www.fishsa.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/...board=Fleurieu

And here for Goolwa Beach, Murray Mouth and Salt Creek:
    http://www.fishsa.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/...?board=SthEast