Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photo's From 4 Barra Dams In Qld That Ausfisho's Can Explore

Thumbs up Re: Photo's From 4 Barra Dams In Qld That Ausfisho's Can Explore

What a wonderful compilation. Thank you Lyndon and Kel. We will be up at Awoonga for about two weeks from October 20.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers
    Paul

Re: Photo's From 4 Barra Dams In Qld That Ausfisho's Can Explore

Kel & Lyndon

What a great 'report'.

Its great to see some sensible reports on here that truly show what a great fishery we have in Qld.

To many people forget , to easily, how very lucky we ALL are to be able to go to places like these and do what we all enjoy.

Great stuff.

Lets just hope that the summer storms bring much needed rainfall to everyone across the State, and especially to places like Wuruma, Callide, Cania etc....

Pete

Great stuff - I'll have to expand my barra fishing excursions further than Monduran!!

Pete

Kel and Lyndon, great posts and terrific pics. Thanks for the effort it putting it together.

Is the Monduran map you mentioned the one in B&B?
    I'm planning on heading to Monduran around 4th to 7th October for the first time. Have driven past Monduran on a number of occasions on the way to Awoonga and thought it is time I check it out.

Son and his girlfriend are coming along to fish for barra for the first time. Hope I can find some and don't look like too much of a dill. Son has high expectatioins after seeing some of our pics from Awoonga and Peter Faust.

I'm picturing the dam to be similar in some respects to Peter Faust with the volume of timber. A bit daunting all the same for a first timer with some of the stories I've read.

Your post and pics have helped though. Thanks.

Norm C

Great pictures and great info guys well done

cheers Kevin

Excellant post(s) guys, and a nice return of serve dare I say

cheers
    brian

Bloody good thread SB! One of the best.

Theo.
    TT

Thumbs up Re: Photo's From 4 Barra Dams In Qld That Ausfisho's Can Explore

Great info & pics folks.

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Hi thanks for the positive thoughts everyone. We were not going to post Barra Photo's as we thought a couple of negative guys on here might have another go- but stuff it we will post them anyway as everyone goes fishing to hopefully catch a fish & Barra photo's tend to spark plans for your next trip.

We don't catch fish every trip - at times even 9 year olds have whipped us. Even Grey Nomads trolling plastics with handlines armed with 2 shotput sized sinkers depth charged up a metre barra on a day we went fishless!!!!
    We still love fishing & can't wait for the next trip.

A few pics are of friends catching their first barra. The orange tinny with 6hp was the busted old hire tinny in which kel landed a 106 & 108cm barra in 15 mins. Kel also caught the 52cm Jack casting from the bank at 10pm - a rare impoundment double.

If your lure arm is not twitching yet - it should be now!

Some of the clips are a bit small so just click on them for a closer look etc.

By the time you get to these pics the car and boat should be packed for your next trip!

What awesome pics. Hey check your PMs Lyndon & Kel...I think you need to do some inbox maintenance after this thread

Cheers
    Paul

Some great photos indeed mate.cheers

Great thread. Heading north next year and am now thinking of stopping on the way. Thanks for the great info. Photo's are fantastic.

Cheers Scott

We thought we would include Lake Lenthals as it’s the closest Barra Dam for SEQ anglers. We would like to credit Ausfish members hodges4, Big_Unit & Jeremy 87 for the information supplied in hodges4’s latest Lenthals Thread.

Lenthals is just off the Bruce highway about 3.5 hours from Brisbane. At times friends seem so busy you can never catch up with them, even though you live 15 mins away. This is why the drive to a barra dam is so good – you finally get to catch up with friends/family etc and travel time fly’s when catching up – so sign up a friend for your next barra trip.

You can’t camp on the dam, however camp grounds are a few km’s away at the Wongi waterhole area – do a net search. There are motor restrictions on the dam so make sure you check a couple of old threads on Ausfish. You are not allowed a motor over 6hp on the lake. There might also be a time restriction on the dam, the last we heard you were allowed on from 6am to 4pm.

The lake looks fantastic with green trees and lilies all over the lake. At times it reminds us of the Northern Territory. Barra & Bass live there so it makes for an exciting fishing combination & surface action.

Paul Dolan is a great guide and knows the area well. Do a net search to find him. Paul is well known for his fly fishing so if you’re in to your bass & barra on fly & lure give him a call.

Harvey Bay is another place you can base your trip from. You could do worse than to call in to Fraser Coast Fishing on the esplanade.
    Say hi to Jason and he will be happy to help you out.

Don’t forget to get a stocked impoundment permit as many of Qlds dams require you to have one. They are around $35 for the year and some sell weekly ones at $7.00.

For the latest update on rules at the dam you can contact the wide bay water corporation. Again we thank the latest lenthal thread and info supplied by fellow Ausfish members.

Lenthals is a pretty dam and our photo’s don’t do it justice. Check it out for yourself. Cheers Kel & Lyndon.