Thread: Tips for central coast NSW PLEASE ?

Tips for central coast NSW PLEASE ?

Im planning a trip to the Entrance in early March for a week . Was hoping some body could give me a few rockfishing locations within a half hours drive from the Entrance that I could try for a few Tailor , Bream , Pigs , Snapper or Bonito . Any advice would be much appreciated .

Re: Tips for central coast NSW PLEASE ?

the rocks around nth avoca are great with everything from bream to tuna available [ depending on the season ] but my choice is to beach fish terrigal its a very UNDERATED beach .find a good gutter and youve found salmon ,tailor flathead and jewies [ again depending on the season ]the enrance beach is always full of weed .
    there are 3 tackle shops at the entrance 2 right up near the water and one 1 or 2 ks down the main rd towards gosford .when im up there this is the one i go to ,good advise ,good bait ,and he seems to have his finger on the pulse .the other 2 seem a bit touristy .[ i you know what i mean ]
    anyway
    goodluck
    Last edited by craig51063; 23-09-2007 at 05:36 PM.

I used to live down that way and done a fair bit of Fishing off the Rocks between soldiers and gravelly Beaches for Drummer and Some nice Blue groper using Cunji or bread as bait.
    Budgewoi beach is also a good spot to target Tailor.
    Any of the rock ledges in cabbage tree bay are worth ago and Wybung head is only a 40 minute drive north there always seems to be plenty of fish in this area.
    Theres Heaps of beaches and rock ledges and most of them fish pretty well all year round.
    Good Luck

Thanks guys , I will keep those options in mind .

Try the rock ledges in front and around Norah head lighthouse for drummer and , bream groper. You never know what else may turn up.

brissy water

hey,

been fishing brisbane water since I was bout 4..

Some great locations for flatty, bream, and some blue swimmers (sand crabs).
    The point of Pt. Frederick just off the rocks of the graveyard, drop a few lines down there for some blue swimmers use bream heads and tails for bait.

For some flounder and mud crabs, a great location is Erina Creek, you can either put the boat in at the small ramp just off the entrance road, or the main ramp next to swimming pool in Gosford and just travel round the point.
    On a good day you can end up with bout 15 crabs in the creek.

thats two main places i go for.

crowser