Thread: spots around noosa

Question spots around noosa

Hi people

heading up to perigian on monday with my daughter staying at the camp ground there for a week, when i'm not being dragged into the water, freezing my **ts off, by a 9 yo. i will hopefully be wetting a line.

as anyone with kids knows catching anything is the solution to maintaining their attention so please if anyone can help me with some info on where and when around noosa land based (with 4b) it would be greatly appreciated.

feel free to pm me if you really want to be helpful with a s***hot spot.

thanks in advance

al

Re: spots around noosa

Hi mate

All the beaches up there are fishing well for mainly dart, but there are some good bream and whiting around as well. There might be a few squire moving in around noosa head as well as some bream, trevs and other reefies if you are interested in a bit of rockfishing.

cheers

Owen

hi owen

when you say rockfishing do you mean from the rocks in the national park?

are you allowed to fish in the NP?

al

Hi Al

yes, i do mean the rocks in the national park, and yes you can fish in the national park. Some spots are a long walk from the car park.

But it is probably best to fish in the river or off the beach. I don't really fish the river much, so im not sure what would be working at the moment.
    But have a look in the reports section, and look for noosa reports. It should be helpful.

Owen

hi mate,
    great afternoon highs at the river mouth this week. im headin down this arvo to see whats on the chew. seen a few in boats gettin fish in the area so i think its all startin to happen after the fresh. live baitin round the bridges is always an option....or in woods bay.....have to be a bad day not to get a treva of some sort. mate if ur keen for a fish one afternoon/evening im always keen. send me a pm and we'll work somethin out.....i've got a couple of spots i seem to be gettin plenty of live bait out of at the moment....from there its just findin a nice little spot and waitin for that reel to scream... anyway....best of luck

Nipper