Thread: Bribie Spots Anyone?

Thumbs up Bribie Spots Anyone?

Hi evereyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any spots off Bribie or in the passage. I have fished the usual spots being Lime Pocket, White Patch etc but Iam chasing some areas with good structures or reef. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Bribie Spots Anyone?

what are you targeting? you can try the ningi creek, buckleys hole, bibie bridge and cook's rocks for starters
    Cheers TT
    ________
    spanish girl Cam

Hi,

We are heading up to Bribie tomorrow morning. We are heading out to Deep Tempest. Good for Snapper and Cobia. Its about 30km off shore really good fishing. I suppose just check out the local maps to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailortaker View Post
    what are you targeting? you can try the ningi creek, buckleys hole, bibie bridge and cook's rocks for starters
    Cheers TT

I am chasing squire, fingermark and anything else that pops up

Woorim reef 27 02.585 153 12.089

Cooks Rocks 27 05.792 153 08.152

Both of those spots are general areas on the reefs that are navigable in good weather by almost any tinny.
    Take care at Cooks Rocks as it is very shallow, probably 2/3 of that reef is now skegs and prop blades.

Jack.

Buckleys hole...always something lurking there....the drop off in front of the IGA is good for squire and cod
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

mate,,, i don't know what the above members are trying to do to ya,,,,,, really,,,

cooks rock,,, buckley's,,, iga drop off,,, the wreck (i threw that one in myself)

all these spots were great,,,,,,,, 5 year ago,,,,,

nah,,,, save ya $$$ and try were the fishing is better,,,, redcliffe is okay so i'm told,,, caloundra is on the boil as well,,,

not knowing if your travelling onto the island or not,,,, i'd try these spots first

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

If You Were Chasing The Tings Could Give You A Few Spots But You Do Not Get To Many Snapper And Sweetlip This Time Of Year Up Limepocket Way

Shane

Try around the bridge pylons across the change of the tide. You'll only get about an hours fishing while the tidal run is slow enough so that a reasonably small sinker will hold the bottom but you can pull the odd nice fish at this time. Don't get too far out in the middle of the bridge - stick near the shoreline and use live bait or the freshest you can get. Depending on the time of year you'll get bream, tarwhine, grassies and squire, and lots of undersize Moses Perch. Sometimes you'll also get busted by freight trains you just can't stop - jacks or jew I would guess. When the tidal run gets too strong I go chasing lizards in between checking the crab pots
    Cheers Freeeedom

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    mate,,, i don't know what the above members are trying to do to ya,,,,,, really,,,

cooks rock,,, buckley's,,, iga drop off,,, the wreck (i threw that one in myself)

all these spots were great,,,,,,,, 5 year ago,,,,,

nah,,,, save ya $$$ and try were the fishing is better,,,, redcliffe is okay so i'm told,,, caloundra is on the boil as well,,,

not knowing if your travelling onto the island or not,,,, i'd try these spots first

choppa
    Buckleys and cooks still fish well at the right time and tide.
    ________
    Bmw M Roadster History

Quote Originally Posted by Tailortaker View Post
    Buckleys and cooks still fish well at the right time and tide.
    now come on grant,,,,,,,,,,

then if the poor blokes not an islander,,, he's got the new toll on the bridge to pay as well,,,,, all adds up,,,,

,,,, i'm out n about tomorrow,,,,,,, i'll post a report and let ya know if i catch any

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    now come on grant,,,,,,,,,,

then if the poor blokes not an islander,,, he's got the new toll on the bridge to pay as well,,,,, all adds up,,,,

,,,, i'm out n about tomorrow,,,,,,, i'll post a report and let ya know if i catch any

choppa
    you probably wont seeing as the fishing is so bad.

the toll should be for you to get off the island!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alfish View Post
    you probably wont seeing as the fishing is so bad.

the toll should be for you to get off the island!!!!!!!!
    Very funny alfish But if we didnt have to go to work we wouldnt want to leave the Island
    ________
    Maryjane

I picked up a nice 55 cm flattie on sp's further up pumistone yesterday before the storm...