Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: A Message from Kingtin

Re: A Message from Kingtin

So glad that Kev is on the mend. Closer to home I am now in a position to have to worry about a loved one. My wife has had a few pretty severe palpitations and what has been described as minor heart attacks of late and after extensive tests the problem has been identified as being a fault in one of the heart chambers. Her heart has become almost useless as a pump and the blood and oxygen aren't traveling as well as they should be. She has been booked in to have heart surgery on the 31st of this month so I am going to be remaining pretty quiet on Ausfish until I know all is well again.

Regards,

Poodroo

Hi Poodroo...

Sorry to hear about your Wife. Hope all goes well for the 31st.

Eric&Deb...
    Fish Well-Fish Egrell

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    So glad that Kev is on the mend. Closer to home I am now in a position to have to worry about a loved one. My wife has had a few pretty severe palpitations and what has been described as minor heart attacks of late and after extensive tests the problem has been identified as being a fault in one of the heart chambers. Her heart has become almost useless as a pump and the blood and oxygen aren't traveling as well as they should be. She has been booked in to have heart surgery on the 31st of this month so I am going to be remaining pretty quiet on Ausfish until I know all is well again.

Regards,

Poodroo
    Hope all goes well and she has a smooth and quick recovery.

I wish you and your wife all the best.

Josh
    Last edited by kingcobe; 12-10-2007 at 11:05 PM.
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

Hope all goes well Andrew as I'm sure it will.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Sorry I haven't responded sooner but my powers of concentration have been shit.

I am having trouble sleeping and have a partially collapsed lung, but I have been told that this will correct itself soon.

Thanks to my little feller and Bev for keeping you up to speed and once again, thanks to you all for your kind words. My apologies if I haven't responded directly but I'm sure that you know that your words have been a comfort and an encouragement to me.

Hope you are back on track now Steve and your words of warning about doing too much have certainly rung true.

Sorry to hear about your wife Andrew and my family's thoughts are with you. PM the deckie if there are any technicalities that you are unclear about as this is her field of expertise as her nagging constantly reminds me.

One thought before I go and thanks to Webby for his report that prompts this:............

Life really is too short, and we rarely are given more than one chance to enjoy our brief stay on this planet. If we waste our time in spiteful detraction of others achievements, then is life really worth living, and do you really have a life at all?

Before the detractors of the catchers stick their miserable little pinkies onto the keyboard, they really should think on that. This is a fishing site where the vast majority fish for a feed. If you have nothing nice to say, then why open your mouths at all? I'm all for genuinely voiced concerns about "overkill" and have in the past agreed with many voiced concerns, but some of the comments regarding legal catches of late, have been downright childish and churlish. Grow up, get a life, and think seriously as to whether your life would better served in appreciating you fellow man as opposed to depreciating your fellow man.

Let's get the reports sections of this wonderful site back to what it once was and let's not let the knockers win their petty. vindictive arguments.

It's nice to be back

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Good to see you're back Kingtin. Look after that new plumbin' now, and enjoy your family and fishn'.

I hope all goes well for your wife and yourself Poodroo.

Good health and family .... without these .... nothing else matters.

Cheers

Great to see you well enough to be up and posting again Kev. Thanks for the well wishes for my wife too. What she is having done is nothing like a quadruple bi-pass operation but any heart operation to me is just something that is a little bit in the higher risk category. Give me good old knee surgery any day.

Poodroo

Good to see you up and about again Kev. I'll take Steve's advice and let you regain a bit more strength before I drop around.

Poodroo, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well mate.

Will be good to meet you two gentlemen soon.

Cheers

Dave

From good news to bad news bad news , good news kev hope your back on the water soon . sorry to hear about your wife Poodroo hope all goes well for your wife and family .

cheers Dan
    Last edited by Tassie JR; 14-10-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Nauti View Post
    Good to see you up and about again Kev. I'll take Steve's advice and let you regain a bit more strength before I drop around.

Poodroo, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well mate.

Will be good to meet you two gentlemen soon.

Cheers

Dave
    Thanks Dave. Hard to explain just what goes on in the head when you are put in the position where it is your loved one that needs to undergo a delicate operation. You know the surgeons are good at what they do but no matter how good they are they cannot prevent the high risks involved in such an operation hence the worry. I too am hoping and praying that things go well

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie JR View Post
    From good news to bad news bad news , good news kev hope your back on the water soon . sorry to hear about your wife Poodroo hope all goes well for your wife and family .

cheers Dan
    Thanks Dan. We appreciate those thoughts immensely.

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 15-10-2007 at 05:27 AM.

good to see your back kev, hope your recovery is nice an easy.

andrew, my well wishes go out to you and your wife.
    our family is also going thru something similiar as my grandmother was checked in on friday with possible heart attacks, so i hope all goes well with your family.

Great to hear from you Kevin. Very glad to hear your recovery is going well.

Poodroo and B_E_N, sorry to hear you're going through tough times too. It's the same deal with me (some family members in rough shape). Illness stinks! Hang in there guys. Even the worst storms eventually clear. We'll get through it.

EC
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"