Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Message from Kingtin

Re: A Message from Kingtin

Gday Kev.
    Sorry to hear you are unwell.
    I hope the op goes well( when they fit you in) and for your speedy recovery.
    All the best
    rando

Thanks again all those who've wished me well. Just an update and a bit of a story for those who like to read fate into life's peculiar quirks.

You may remember we came by the Whittley via Bridget's dad's (Steve) estate and named it Sole Searching after him, based on his surname being Sole. You may also remember our indecision on whether we should spend such a large sum of money on a boat, having always been skint most of our married life. The members here were partly instrumental in our decision to purchase via their advice and promptings, that you only live once and what the hell! Go out and enjoy yourselves. I now recognise fully what was being said and don't regret for a minute spending the kid's inheritance ;-)

What has this got to do with the price of cabbage you may be asking yourself? :-)

Well I now go into hospital next Tuesday, the op being performed on Wednesday. Next Tuesday is Steve's birthday and when I was first introduced to him by Bridget, he was awaiting a triple by-pass. He got 14 yrs out of that by-pass and he was 26 yrs older than me when he had it done. At his autopsy they found the grafts to still be in perfect condition as it was the asbestos that finally got him (gunnery officer the blast masks and bulk heads had asbestos in them).

Some of us may believe in omens and some may not, but what I'd like to say is that we all need to put our trust in something. To those of you here who are already in the zipper club, and those that have dealt with cancer and other diseases, I now know what you may all have been going through and your messages both here and via pm have been a great support to me...........it's a bloody shock when you suddenly are made to realise that you are mortal and for some reason known only to your Gods, that you are being given a 2nd chance, when better men than you never got that option.

I make no bones about it, as I am a truthful man, if nothing else, but I have to admit that I have been shitting myself. The thought of not seeing my kids grow makes you suddenly see things a lot more clearly. It's not so much death or incapacity as it is departing those you love.

Here at Ausfish, we have seen births, marriages, illness and death. Celebrated together and consoled together. We have had our trials and tribulations but overall, this is one of the most friendliest, warm, caring communities, that I have ever experienced. We are not a charity or a Salvos Hall, but bloody hell! we come pretty close sometimes. :-)

Thanks to all of you, and should the time ever come when any of you need support, I only hope you get even a fraction of what I have experienced here.

Live each day as if it's your last, love as if it's your first love, care as if caring is all you know.

Cheers

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    Thanks again all those who've wished me well. Just an update and a bit of a story for those who like to read fate into life's peculiar quirks.

You may remember we came by the Whittley via Bridget's dad's (Steve) estate and named it Sole Searching after him, based on his surname being Sole. You may also remember our indecision on whether we should spend such a large sum of money on a boat, having always been skint most of our married life. The members here were partly instrumental in our decision to purchase via their advice and promptings, that you only live once and what the hell! Go out and enjoy yourselves. I now recognise fully what was being said and don't regret for a minute spending the kid's inheritance ;-)

What has this got to do with the price of cabbage you may be asking yourself? :-)

Well I now go into hospital next Tuesday, the op being performed on Wednesday. Next Tuesday is Steve's birthday and when I was first introduced to him by Bridget, he was awaiting a triple by-pass. He got 14 yrs out of that by-pass and he was 26 yrs older than me when he had it done. At his autopsy they found the grafts to still be in perfect condition as it was the asbestos that finally got him (gunnery officer the blast masks and bulk heads had asbestos in them).

Some of us may believe in omens and some may not, but what I'd like to say is that we all need to put our trust in something. To those of you here who are already in the zipper club, and those that have dealt with cancer and other diseases, I now know what you may all have been going through and your messages both here and via pm have been a great support to me...........it's a bloody shock when you suddenly are made to realise that you are mortal and for some reason known only to your Gods, that you are being given a 2nd chance, when better men than you never got that option.

I make no bones about it, as I am a truthful man, if nothing else, but I have to admit that I have been shitting myself. The thought of not seeing my kids grow makes you suddenly see things a lot more clearly. It's not so much death or incapacity as it is departing those you love.

Here at Ausfish, we have seen births, marriages, illness and death. Celebrated together and consoled together. We have had our trials and tribulations but overall, this is one of the most friendliest, warm, caring communities, that I have ever experienced. We are not a charity or a Salvos Hall, but bloody hell! we come pretty close sometimes. :-)

Thanks to all of you, and should the time ever come when any of you need support, I only hope you get even a fraction of what I have experienced here.

Live each day as if it's your last, love as if it's your first love, care as if caring is all you know.

Cheers

kev
    So true Kev, so true. Hope it all goes well
    Regards

mod5

I will be thinking of you on wednesday Kev, all the best and don't worry you don't feel thing, you will be asleep.

Graeme

praying for ya kev ...... get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post

Cheers

kev
    Kev that is as well put as it can get. Our mortality sometimes makes us realize that we should be showing more consideration to our loved ones and to those we care about. I will be thinking of you next Wednesday and will try catching up with you if you are up to having a visitor. You will be in the best hands I am sure and I'd personally like to wish you all the best with the operation. Please pass on my regards to Bridget and the kids. Chat soon,

Poodroo

Here is to a speedy recovery Kev, get Mrs kingtin to put for sale on the boat that will ensure a speedy recovery mate

All the best and if you need a hand with anything give us a call, will be only to happy to help. (serious)

PSS if you need someone to look after you snapper spots I will be only too happy (not so serious)
    Peter :cool:

Best wishes Kingtin. I only know of you through Ausfish and you are a very special member of this community. Keep the chin up fella.
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Have a good weekend Kev, try not to stress too much.
    Sorry you can't be at the PIn with us.

--
    Bev & Ross

ya just tormenting him Bev
    cheers
    blaze

Good Luck Kingtin,

Joined the Zipperclub last June and was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Finally gave up the coffin nails (Surgeon scared the crap out of me).

While lying in hospital I made up my mind to go back to fishing. Had given it away years ago.

Ended up buying a second hand boat, bought a ton of rods & reels and the cook is now the permanent deckie. Lifes ambition now is to buy a brand new boat.

Seems things do happen for a reason and now having the time of my life.

See if you can get your Doc to write out a rehab plan consisting of fishing 3 times a day.

regards
    Polly

well said Kev.

cool runnings through it all, see you back on deck soon. (they need swabbing you scurvy dog)

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

Good luck cobber hope all works out well
    Cheers
    Reidy (tassy)

Thumbs up Re: A Message from Kingtin

Hey Kingtin, Our thoughts and love and a great big cuddle are with you and your lovely wife and of course your children. I think you have our number and we live nearby so if there is anything we can do for you at all please just give us a call. Tell Bridget I make a great cup of tea.

We are holding your hand.

Love Suzi & Dave

good luck mate and heres to a speedy recovery so you can be out enjoying yourself and chasing the fish again.
    .......Ash