Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Message from Kingtin

Re: A Message from Kingtin

Kev,

Just got home and read this and nearly fell of my chair.

Being a memeber of the zipper club myself i know you will be feeling anxious and not knowing which way to turn.

Mate the operation is a breese and you will be back on your feet before you know it.

I am sure you will be in good hands with your on the spot nurse, Bridgette.

Kev, i wish you all the best with the op and i am sure that Gods love will shine on you both.

Kindess regards

Graeme and joanne

all the best for the op and a speedy recovery kev
    cant wait to see ya back on here soon

Regards Shane

been checking this out from when I first seen it posted, was a shock. What do you say to someone that is about to undergo surgury of this type.
    Well Kev if you do happen to read this my thoughts sre with you and your family and after all the good karma you have given freely and with love over the years there is bound to be a bloody massive amount of good karma coming your way
    will try and catch up when in brissie
    cheers
    blaze

Thanks everyone for your wonderful messages of concern and support. Far too many for me to answer individually but I can assure you that they're all noted and appreciated.

As Bev (Colac Girl), has told you, the op was scheduled due to a cancellation of someone else's, but that spot has now been nicked off me for someone who is in greater need. In a way, that is reassuring, if not, somewhat frustrating, as it shows that my case is of lesser importance. It is also frustrating in that it fitted in nicely with the kids school holidays and the fact that the deckie had taken leave for us to go camping down our beloved Pin, which I am now not allowed to do. Now she will have to use up more leave later, but on the bright side, it will be at a time when her bloody nagging will go un-noticed due to my sedation. :-)

I don't know when it will be re-scheduled for, but I can't just sit around hoping that events and certain"people" on, or from the "net", won't stress me out, so here I am...........you're stuck with me for the time being :-)

The heart is healthy but I have 4 blockages in the arteries which will be by-passed. As some may know, I have suffered some while now from anxiety and panic attacks due to trauma.........that is why the chest pains were disregarded (by me) as something that I thought I just had to live with.

Anyways, the deckie gave me a hard time and last Thursday dragged me off to the hospital where an angio was scheduled for Friday. Within a couple of hours I had the news that they would crack my chest on tuesday. All happened a bit too fast for me and fair gave me the shits! :-)

Anyways, what I'd like to say is this. If you, or anyone you know is having chest pain, don't bugger about. If you do have narrowing of the arteries, then your heart is having to work overtime to pump the blood and you are at risk of heart failure. Get the arteries sorted sooner, rather than later and you spare your heart. Don't try and be a tough nut and pretend that it isn't happening. Enough of me lecturing. :-)

Thanks once again for all your kind messages of support, it has warmed my heart and my blood is now running a bit faster ;-)

Thanks

kev.............and for those who missed 'em :-)

Top Tips:

If you receive e-mails from those "bored housewife looking for some action". Send the young lady your ironing. That should keep her quiet for a while.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Good to hear from you kev and good advice there, im at the age i should get a checkup, good luck with it

cheers
    Mike
    Tangles KFC

Welcome back.
    Regards

mod5

hey kev nice to see your back lets hope that those doctors get ya fixed up nice and quick so you can get back fishing.

cheers tassie JR

(also keep those top tips coming)

Quote Originally Posted by gawby View Post

Mate the operation is a breese and you will be back on your feet before you know it.

Graeme and joanne
    Mate, it ain't the operation that's worrying me. After having the prostate done it's the thought of having another catheter inserted.................why do I always get the ugliest bloody nurses with the roughest hands? ;-)

Could be worse I suppose.............If I got a pretty blonde nurse I could embarrass myself :-)

kev

Top Tip:

HOSPITAL patients. Arrive for your appointment two hours after the assigned arrival time. That way, you will only have to wait an hour for your doctor to see you.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

HI kev...good to see you back online, Hope they can fast track the op in a hurry to ease any anxiety you may have, you wernt offline for long but you tips were sorely missed, My fishing has been a bit slow as of late,,, been visiting the same spots with the same bait's and also the same tidal times but the fish wont play, well not play as much as they used to anyway,,, is it just me or is it the time of year.? Still targeting flatties and bream, the tailors seem to have dissapeared but thats normal for spring.....right???

Bretty P.s see your tips were missed...LOL

All the best mate...what a shock to us all, get well soon, hey....

Ed

Kev,

I didn't even know the insertion had taken place but the removal of it was something else. A few leakage problems there for a while.

I am flat out fixing my truck but will give you a tingle soon.

Graeme

Mate, it ain't the operation that's worrying me. After having the prostate done it's the thought of having another catheter inserted.................why do I always get the ugliest bloody nurses with the roughest hands? ;-)

Could be worse I suppose.............If I got a pretty blonde nurse I could embarrass myself :-)

kev
    ... and you don't reckon Bridgette has got nothing to do with you getting the ugly nurses with rough hands??

Take care old mate, best wishes for a speedy recovery! Might see you down the 'Pin.

LW

Hi Kev,
    Nice to see you posting again

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    .... the deckie had taken leave for us to go camping down our beloved Pin, which I am now not allowed to do.
    How about an overnighter? Or just a day trip?

--
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by ColacGirl View Post
    Hi Kev,
    Nice to see you posting again

How about an overnighter? Or just a day trip?

--
    Bev
    Still don't know what's happening yet Bev. Bridget is going to chase thing up today. The Pin is too far from the Prince Charles, if I get the call, and despite the chest pains, I still haven't been prescribed any medication so I won't be much company I'm afraid. Any exertion has me buggered.

Perhaps she hasn't got the pull she thought she had ;-)

kev

Gday Kev, it's good to see you back online.All the best for the not to distant op.
    Take care,

Wags