Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tires... Hankook or Maxxis

Re: Tires... Hankook or Maxxis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    G'day

Thanks Phil,

I know it's tyres... The bloody spell check says it's wrong, so I changed it

Been looking at the american sites as well

Dave
    x1000 the ad below this post as I am reading it is for just that, a yank tire site. Laughed so hard it hurts....
    FWIW I have Michelin Synchrone 4x4 on my Scenic(don't laugh it not a bad vehicle ) and they are good off the beaten track actually. I have done a few dirt track climbs and the tyres were OK, mileage is about 45,000km so far and I think they will go another 30K or so.

HA HA, funny story. I noticed today that on my patrol i am running maxxis bravo 751's laugh... They have been on the truck since i bought it so i cant give you any k's. But they have warn uneven. Im not sure if its due to lack of rotation or not though.
    BD

I work for a tyre store that sells Maxxis all day everyday and i have the 751s on my subaru. I love them. Every time someone comes in for rotate bal etc with 751s on im supprised at how well they are wearing.

Cant recomend them enough.

cheers Brian.

Well my wife has been running Hankook on her Pajero and they seem to be doing okay although she is not a high mileage sort of person like I am. As far as being relatively inexpensive and great for wear and tear I go the Kumho tyres every time. 120,000klms on the first set and then when I replaced them I went for the A/T's this time around. Have had them on since the start of the year and have now clocked 30,000klms on them and they are once again wearing very well. Still heaps of tread on them and I am putting them through their paces on these M&G's and on the road averaging 150-180klms a day. They cost me $195.00 each fitted and balanced.

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 28-09-2007 at 08:13 PM.

G'day

Just an update, ended up with Maxxis 751's. Sizing is 225/75R16. This is the maximum I could go under the current laws,

They're so far performing well, corners a lot sharper now, and a lot quieter on the road.

Dave