Thread: Heading down to Yamba next Friday... whos for a beer

Thumbs up Heading down to Yamba next Friday... whos for a beer

I am heading down to Yamba next Friday to stay and the Blue Dolphin for 6 nights... taking the wife and kids. Would love to have a tasty beer with anyone heading down there during that time.

Taking the 19 foota and hoping like buggery the weather is going to be good.

Does anyone know anything about the seaway/bar crossing there. Is is safe enough (in good weather) to take the wife and kids across?

Any advice would be great.

Jamesy

Re: Heading down to Yamba next Friday... whos for a beer

Hey Jamsie, I will be headingdown that way, but coming home early in the the week so i will just miss you. The bar at Yamba/Iluka is a pretty safe one. If the weather is good then no problems should be encounted. However, always show and exercise caution when crossing bars. Cheers

We're going down this weekend. I've not crossed this bar so I have little info for you but enough to say, seek some local info at the tackle shop and hope for good weather.
    Cheers, Roo.

The blue dolphin is an awesome place to stay in Yamba. Your kids will love it.

Mate what is the date you're coming down? I think i might miss you as im heading to sydney next saturday and coming back on monday or tuesday. but if you're still in the area and looking for a decky id be glad to be of assistance *insert the really innocent smiley here*
    The better reefs are to the south towards angourie as there is little in front of the bar. The kings and samson fish are on most patches of reef so it should be a good time to get amongst it.
    Drop me a pm and let me know.
    Matt