Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Borumba 18-09-07

Re: Lake Borumba 18-09-07

Nice catch pete,Love fishing borumba.I have also found the togas very hard to tempt in there. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    You know Pistol, if you'd simply acknowledged Courty's first post and said, "Thanks mate, I wasn't aware of that rule," you'd have looked a whole lot less like a rednecked tosser.
    As for Courty's input into fishing, not just here, I can vouch that he's a damn good fisho, and did a bloody good job when he was involved in the fishing/boating industry. Just because he doesn't post much here doesn't make him a nobody with no rights.
    You know mate....there are various ways of saying things.
    Couty's first whinge was about fish handling techniques.....Which was just silly in my opinion.Laying fish down carefully on some wet boat carpet (that was not at all hot) does not do fish any harm.....then he went on to complain about possession limits.
    He then went on to say he doesnt get on the site because he gets angry when he sees this kind of thing.....So basically he doesnt ever get on the site(apparently) but loves to have a whinge when something is done wrong.
    He could have just said....'Pete watch your possession limits' and I would have taken it on board.
    My issue here was how quickly people are keen to attack someone rather than simply point it out.......Read the post and you tell me if it is a kindly manner.And its worse from someone who never has much input.
    I have pointed out to several times that the fish were all released.....A redneck tosser would have kept and killed the fish.
    Anyway I can appreciate what your saying and agree with you on stocking groups etc etc.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by smallunit View Post
    the yellow coats are still filling eskies at the dams in full view, go ring fisheries u bunch of wingers

EXACTLY......There are soooo many peolpe taking fish...filling eskies,taking fish for their own dams......ETC ETC......and I cop a grilling on here for holding some fish in a live well then letting them go......

Where are the so called Fisheries...??????

Pete

And if the so called yellow coats put a pic up of themselves taking part in their illegal activity they'd cop exactly the same.

The Bomber

Is this still going on, yous guys need to get out more lol.
    Last edited by jackextracter; 20-09-2007 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackextracter View Post
    Is this still going on, yous guys need to get out more lol.
    ive just read the whole post and cant believe it,
    he kept a few fish in a livewell for 1/2 hour and then released them in perfect nik,'
    so what, get over it,

can we all kiss and make up, hehahaha you r a evil crim pete haha, the bass police r looking 4 ya haha, i think ya did the right thing. ya let them go so every one get off pete's back and go catch some fish and stop whinging
    figjam :wink:

Righto folks, a bucket of water for all.

Yep, Pistol did a couple of silly things. Firstly by putting too many fish in a livewell not deisgned for that volume, exceeded legal bag limit, but probably the silliest is to have taken a pic & put it on a website. Im sure he has learned his lesson.

For everyone's benefit
    I can tell you that over loading a livewell can & will kill fish. Even if they swim away, they may have had a lethal dose. Death can occur anywhere from hours to days after release. I've been to that many BASS comp weigh-ins & then stayed behind to see the dead fish when all the boats are long gone.

Fish layed on dry carpet is bad for them. Takes slime layer off their skin & untreated will lead to fungal or bacterial infection. Can be fatal.

Dropping bass back into a school can scatter the school in some situations. Instead of overloading a livewell & risking the wrath of your peers, simply motor off 50 meters, release your 2 fish each & continue fishing.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

I spoke to a few high ranking bass anglers after this incident and they said it is a common thing to do maybe not 9 bass but atleast 5-6 so they dont spook the school and then they pick out which are the best ones (heaviest)and put the rest back.

Pistol Pete,
    It seems that despite all of the above advice regarding the possession laws you are not prepared to listen.
    How hard would it have been to catch four, move off the school release those four. Return to the school catch another four and repeat the process rather than ignore the current laws.
    I might tell you that I was on Borumba on the 14th and Fisheries were out there as well checking boats.
    They would not give a damn if you were going to release them. With that many in your possession they would have thrown the book at you.

Bad_Bazza

Quote Originally Posted by jackextracter View Post
    I spoke to a few high ranking bass anglers after this incident and they said it is a common thing to do maybe not 9 bass but atleast 5-6 so they dont spook the school and then they pick out which are the best ones (heaviest)and put the rest back.
    If this is so then they'd be breaking the comp rules. Buts thats a different issue. I agree with everything Fitzy says, and he's got plenty of runs behind him to back himself up. Lets just get on with fishing and do the right thing, not like those who are breaking the law on purpose.
    Bill
    Last edited by Sniper; 21-09-2007 at 07:52 PM.

you lot sound like a bunch a fuken winging bitches

I would like to know why should competition fishermen/women be exempt?

I have first hand experience of seeing the end result of a Bream comp held in Brisbane involving rather high profile anglers.

The competition had finished,And the winners were at home planning on what they were going to spend their $10 000 on,While washing their boats and rods.Meanwhile the fish that got them their precious money were dying at an alarming rate in a large tank.

These fish had been put through hell.

Dragged from racks and rock walls,Stuffed in live wells for hours,Smashed around the wells for upto a 1 hour car trip,Then suffocated for a few more minutes while being weighed,Dumped into a large tank for upto three days.And were then left neglected by their captors.

And we glorify these people?

This was my first real look behind the scenes at a comp.

I was absolutely disgusted.

I made it my bussiness to stay after work helping where I could,And I did my best to try and get these fish back to the water in the best condition possible.Alot didn't make it.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

I might tell you that I was on Borumba on the 14th and Fisheries were out there as well checking boats.
    They would not give a damn if you were going to release them. With that many in your possession they would have thrown the book at you.

Bad_Bazza[/quote]

I would like to think they would check but the last three or four times i have been pulled up they have never checked my live well once, they have looked at my stocked impoundment permit, had a bit of a chat and once i was asked for my boat licence. At boondooma i had one fisheries officer insist that my motor was way to big for my boat and after climbing into my boat to look at compliance plate and having a 20min discussion about it, he still did not look in the live well at any stage and you could hear the 2 bass splashing every time the pump kicked in. Go figure
    Now when i had my little tinny and i used to keep a couple of yellas for the kids to eat they would always check the keeper net hanging over the side of the boat.

Nice fish anyhow Pete looks like you had a good session.

Damien
    Last edited by bassfanatic5; 22-09-2007 at 03:59 AM.
    When the wife said i could get a lab i think she meant a dog.

LABSPORT XT 200H.O. etec

Quote Originally Posted by Mangfish View Post
    you lot sound like a bunch a fuken winging bitches
    And you sound like a very intelligent person...