Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Borumba 18-09-07

Re: Lake Borumba 18-09-07

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Laws are two fish per person. Dead or alive. Admitting to breaking the law.................priceless!!!!

Jackextracter. Big call betting a million dollars when you obviously have no research into the survival rate of released fish. I've never read a report stating a 100% survival rate.

I am totally unable to understand why anyone would want to put 8, 28 or even 2 Bass in a Livewell when they are going to release them. Apart from during tournaments where there is no alternative. Every second out of the Dam reduces the chance of survival. Keeping them all in a well for the purpose of a brag photo shows a disrespect for the fish. Using the argument of not wanting to shut down the bite is, at best, weak!!
    oh put me in jail...... ....we broke the law.....

HA HA!!!.....Thats the best laugh I have all day......

Next time we go mate we will take a first aid kit with us....After we hook a fish we will carefully put some stitches in the fishes mouth then dab it with betadine and put a bandage over it......Before we release it we will give it a cuddle and say sorry.....Just to show our respect.........

Pete

sorry pete your a mate but squashing that many fish in a livewell thats only designed for 2 or 4 fish aint real crash hot. instead of provoking the arguement just take it on board for next time. by the same token for the other blokes jumping in an slaying him just relax. getting all hot under the collar aint gonna acheive anything, especially on a forum!

its been noted before that although a released fish may appear to swim off healthy it may end up carking it from the stress and maybe other factors. not saying that all those bass are gonna die but if ya intend to release fish ya might as well do everything you can to ensure they survive...this has all been covered before after another mate and fellow ausfisher did something similair at macas ages ago and got absolutely caned for it!

play nice boys!

Yep breaking the law its a real laugh, if the anti-fishing lobby got hold of these post's which is very simple to do, your indifference to the possession law whether it be 10 minutes or 20 minutes would really put creedance to this lobbies claims that we are just a bunch of law breaking yobbo's. I am also sure that fisheries would be happy to laugh along with you as they wrote you out an infringement notice. I know its very exciting when we catch a whole bunch of fish but at times we should just have a bit of a think about what we post up on the boards when it is in direct conflict with the laws of the land.

Regards,

The Bomber

So just to clarify...

Craig and I held 9 bass in a circulating live well for roughly a 20 minute period then let them all go in perfect health........This is apparently a terrible thing to do.

But...

If we had killed 4 fish and taken them home to eat (which is legal and not breaking any laws) then that is ok.....

Sorry but I dont follow the logic!!!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jackextracter View Post
    Why dont yous get over it hey there is fare worse getting done out there! Would you of rather that he kept the bass for a feed??
    From the research I have seen, he may as well have. At least they'd have had a quick death and have been utilised.

Bomber is correct, the anti fishing lobby would eat this up.

They are stocked to be a put and take fishery. Take your two if you want and release the rest as quickly as possible.

As for Pete laughing at breaking the law, my only hope is that next time you are checked by fisheries and wear the fine and the loss of car and boat, you then post it up here with the smilies so we can all enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    So just to clarify...

Craig and I held 9 bass in a circulating live well for roughly a 20 minute period then let them all go in perfect health........This is apparently a terrible thing to do.

But...

If we had killed 4 fish and taken them home to eat (which is legal and not breaking any laws) then that is ok.....

Sorry but I dont follow the logic!!!

Pete
    Don't need logic mate, it's the law!! For you it was 9 fish, what's to stop other, dumber people doing more? Yes, kill your 2 fish per person if you like, nothing wrong with that, in fact that is the reason we have a fresh water impoundment bass fishery. It's called put and take, and it works.

OOOOPPPSS sorry I get it now to obey the law and keep two fish per person as stated by the fisheries act is totally illogical. But to keep 9 fish for 20 minutes by the law time is irrelevant if you had been checked by fisheries officers you are still in breach of the act so by the act you are 4 times over the limit that is logical.
    Have I missed something here, maybe I have.

From the research I have seen, he may as well have. At least they'd have had a quick death and have been utilised.

Bomber is correct, the anti fishing lobby would eat this up.

They are stocked to be a put and take fishery. Take your two if you want and release the rest as quickly as possible.

As for Pete laughing at breaking the law, my only hope is that next time you are checked by fisheries and wear the fine and the loss of car and boat, you then post it up here with the smilies so we can all enjoy it.
    I have caught heaps of leagle jacks and transfered them to fresh and not one has died,and my mate has a dam and we caught heaps of bass from hinz dam kepted them in the live well for an hour and stocked his own dam with them and there has been no sign of death and he always catches them and tags them, so making out that every caught fish that is released dies from stress is a load of sh#t!!
    PS.people on this site call me the fish police, but i think yous fit in to that place better then me.
    Last edited by jackextracter; 20-09-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Jackextractor I hope the fish did live thats great, but what I am talking about is the boys broke the law end of story no grey area.

The Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    OOOOPPPSS sorry I get it now to obey the law and keep two fish per person as stated by the fisheries act is totally illogical. But to keep 9 fish for 20 minutes by the law time is irrelevant if you had been checked by fisheries officers you are still in breach of the act so by the act you are 4 times over the limit that is logical.
    Have I missed something here, maybe I have.
    Thats right mate....It is illogical....
    When you find a school of fish and want to enjoy catching them....Holdingmore than two fish in a circulating live well for 20 minutes should be allowed.

You telling me all the guidelines and laws laid down are logical....????

Why is so then you can go and catch 50 whiting and bream...Why are there no bag limits...???.

Why are there no bags limits on Jacks....???

There are many illogical and stupid laws mate so get off ya high horse....
    Mate I would agree with you totally if we had killed the fish but for crying out load they all released UNHARMED......Get over it!

Pete
    Last edited by Pistol_P; 20-09-2007 at 02:23 PM.

haha u getting a bit fired up there mate! as soon as i saw your pic i knew you were gonna cop a hammering....here's a thought just stop posting reports like most of us or just don't post pics like that...not worth the sh*t.....

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    haha u getting a bit fired up there mate! as soon as i saw your pic i knew you were gonna cop a hammering....here's a thought just stop posting reports like most of us or just don't post pics like that...not worth the sh*t.....
    Yeah its a shame...I know heaps of good fisho's that just dont post reports on the site because of this crap....Now I know why you dont post your reports!!!.....
    I will continue to post reports in the salt only......Last freshwater one I do!!!

Pete

Just go back and read what Bomber said, what you did is illegal, and only a fool would go online and brag about breaking the law. The fact that you think it is illogical makes no difference. Most criminals don't think the law is fair and will say all sorts of things to justify their actions. Yes I have a vested interest. I'm a member of a very small group of people responsible for stocking two of Queensland's best Bass impoundments. If I saw you keeping that many fish in a live well, I would have called fisheries, unfortunately they probably wouldn't have shown up because there are not enough of them.
    You can legally keep two fish per person dead or alive, and I don't have any problem with an angler taking their legal limit for a feed.
    Sure, take a photo of each one to show your mates, but publicly displaying a photo of 9 fish on the hot dry floor of your boat is just plain stupid when you know it is illegal and just gives the anti-fishing lobby more ammunition.

Oh, in case you haven't noticed Bream, Whiting and Mangrove Jack are not part of the freshwater fish stocking scheme. There are not people fighting in meetings once a month to raise money and manpower to provide them. The only way Bass got in Borumba is because a group of people got together and pushed for it to happen. Now, anybody who buys a SIP can go and fish there and keep their legal entitlement. Anybody who doesn't obey those rules doesn't deserve the pleasure of catching them. I've been fortunate enough to have plenty of fish a cast days at Wivenhoe and Maroon. I've never felt the need to pack them into a small livewell to keep the bite going, and I've never had a school "shut down" on me completely because I've let them go. Believing that all fish survive release is optimistic at best.
    All we're asking is that you learn the rules and obey them mate.

Just go back and read what Bomber said, what you did is illegal, and only a fool would go online and brag about breaking the law. The fact that you think it is illogical makes no difference. Most criminals don't think the law is fair and will say all sorts of things to justify their actions. Yes I have a vested interest. I'm a member of a very small group of people responsible for stocking two of Queensland's best Bass impoundments. If I saw you keeping that many fish in a live well, I would have called fisheries, unfortunately they probably wouldn't have shown up because there are not enough of them.
    You can legally keep two fish per person dead or alive, and I don't have any problem with an angler taking their legal limit for a feed.
    Sure, take a photo of each one to show your mates, but publicly displaying a photo of 9 fish on the hot dry floor of your boat is just plain stupid when you know it is illegal and just gives the anti-fishing lobby more ammunition.

Oh, in case you haven't noticed Bream, Whiting and Mangrove Jack are not part of the freshwater fish stocking scheme. There are not people fighting in meetings once a month to raise money and manpower to provide them. The only way Bass got in Borumba is because a group of people got together and pushed for it to happen. Now, anybody who buys a SIP can go and fish there and keep their legal entitlement. Anybody who doesn't obey those rules doesn't deserve the pleasure of catching them. I've been fortunate enough to have plenty of fish a cast days at Wivenhoe and Maroon. I've never felt the need to pack them into a small livewell to keep the bite going, and I've never had a school "shut down" on me completely because I've let them go. Believing that all fish survive release is optimistic at best.
    All we're asking is that you learn the rules and obey them mate.
    Whatever mate.....And in reference to your bragging comment....
    If I wished to brag about fish I had caught BASS would be the last fish I would brag about!!!!......I have achieved Criminal status now....

Over and out!!!!!

Pete
    Last edited by Pistol_P; 20-09-2007 at 03:25 PM.

You know Pistol, if you'd simply acknowledged Courty's first post and said, "Thanks mate, I wasn't aware of that rule," you'd have looked a whole lot less like a rednecked tosser.
    As for Courty's input into fishing, not just here, I can vouch that he's a damn good fisho, and did a bloody good job when he was involved in the fishing/boating industry. Just because he doesn't post much here doesn't make him a nobody with no rights.