Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Impoundment Barra Lure

Favorite Impoundment Barra Lure

Hello fellow Ausfishers ..... With the start of a new season , I'm interested to see what some of your favorite barra lures are. They can be casting , trolling or both.
    Listed are what I would deem classics / standards
    Lets say the first lure you will tie on .... This should be interesting to read the comments ... Nagg

Vipers
    Barrabaits
    Classics
    Classic F18
    Bombers
    River Rats
    B52s
    SPs (Squidgy, Gulps etc)
    Poppers / Fizzers
    Scorpions
    Last edited by NAGG; 18-09-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Re: Favorite Impoundment Barra Lure

Classic Guns N' Roses!! (not sure if it was a F18or not) Works a treat!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Nagg,
    I reckon youve got the barra itch bad mate, how long before you can get a lure in the water .

Will second the classic in gunners colours, but have a bit of a soft spot for black, gold and red classics as well.
    In the territory dureing the run off, if it wasnt a big green bomber, dont even bother tying it on
    Havent caught a barra on a softy yet, maybe this season.

cheres
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Nagg,
    I reckon youve got the barra itch bad mate, how long before you can get a lure in the water .

Will second the classic in gunners colours, but have a bit of a soft spot for black, gold and red classics as well.
    In the territory dureing the run off, if it wasnt a big green bomber, dont even bother tying it on
    Havent caught a barra on a softy yet, maybe this season.

cheres
    brian
    Brian ,,,, For barra 25 Days 20 hours 30 mins (approx) ....@ Peter Faust ( but I'll be giving some bass & Toga a touch up a couple of days earlier at Cania .... I cant wait ..... as this is a postponed trip from last April .... Nagg
    PS .... Best of Luck with a barra on SP (Got my selection for both wild & impoundments)

in march all fish we caught where on the viper 4+ lure trolling around the timber at monduran. Colour silver and black combination. Make sure you have a lure retreiving pole if you troll around the timber it will save you good money.

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Classic Guns N' Roses!! (not sure if it was a F18or not) Works a treat!!
    Cheers Kim.
    yes it is a F18 that you like

Night Time - Bills Bugs, Fuzz Bug 100mm. On weed beds 2m or shallower.

Day Time - Killalure River Rat ( Bobby Dazzler) casting amongst trees.

Best of luck.

Hi Nagg my fav list would have to go

1)Classic barra 120 in colours p,m,o
    2)classic f18
    3)The good old river rat
    my all time fav was a green yellow red lure i found at monduron which looked as if it was home made , landed 3 barra in one arvo session all over a metre (biggest my p.b at 110cm)which was lost on the same session to one that out smarted me in the heavy b section timber!!
    Cheers Craig

2)classic f18
    3)The good old river rat
    my all time fav was a green yellow red lure i found at monduron which looked as if it was home made , landed 3 barra in one arvo session all over a metre (biggest my p.b at 110cm)which was lost on the same session to one that out smarted me in the heavy b section timber!!
    Cheers Craig

Quote Originally Posted by crab man View Post

2)classic f18
    3)The good old river rat
    Cheers Craig
    Craig .... There is something about those Classics & F18 ... Nagg (i own more classics than any other barra lure ...... Followed by Vipers) ....... Hopefully Monday week .... I can continue to justify my faith

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Craig .... There is something about those Classics & F18 ... Nagg (i own more classics than any other barra lure ...... Followed by Vipers) ....... Hopefully Monday week .... I can continue to justify my faith

Hi Nagg yeah i agree but with the vipers i probley own 6 of them all diff colours and sizes but to this day have still never even had a hit on one ?? maybe i dont work that lure right ?what do you think ?
    they dont have as good action as the others ive spent many days tuning them in my test tank ( swimming pool haha ) but they just dont give the say feeling as a classic!!
    Cheers Craig

Talking Re: Favorite Impoundment Barra Lure

B52's my favourite outright. Keen to try these plastic things with tails though.

Quote Originally Posted by crab man View Post
    Hi Nagg yeah i agree but with the vipers i probley own 6 of them all diff colours and sizes but to this day have still never even had a hit on one ?? maybe i dont work that lure right ?what do you think ?
    they dont have as good action as the others ive spent many days tuning them in my test tank ( swimming pool haha ) but they just dont give the say feeling as a classic!!
    Cheers Craig
    Craig .... I see them more as a trolling lure rather than casting ?? ... When I'm up at Proserpine & Monduran in the next week or so .... I'll chuck a couple to my mate .... while I fish the Classic ...... That way I can stick with the confidence lure shhhh .... Nagg
    PS .... I've never caught a barra on a Viper either ( a few strikes though)

I have a box full of vipers also and havent scored any fish on them. I know Navi [black sheep] and Paul [big ren] swear by them, its definately a confidence thing
    Cheers
    Ben

Yeah the Vipers are a top Lure for Trolling. I havn't registered a fish on them casting... only used them a couple of times for Casting and I didn't like the feel I was getting. Each to their own. Some work their own lures better then others.

Theo.
    TT