Thread: G loomis IMX 8/9 whats it worth?

G loomis IMX 8/9 whats it worth?

Hi fella,s I bought athis rod a few years back , I was away every weekend and was i need of a good rod so I got this one. Now I have kids and struggle to get one on one with the fly rod as the kids love the boat and trolling is the main source of fishing and I have my lighter fendwick which does the in between times when the kids arn't with me. I love the fly and The Loomis has been my baby ever since i bought it but it collects dust and it would be much better in someone elses hands that will use it. I have no Idear what there worth so a few estimates, would be appreciated.

TT

Re: G loomis IMX 8/9 whats it worth?

First off, I'd keep it. You seem to like it and you never know, your kids may want to try fly-fishing with you some day.

If you have made up your mind to sell, then what I'd do is check the auction sites like ebay and see what they go for there. Check several sites to make sure you're getting the most accurate pricing.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

EC
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Yep your right mate shes going back on the wall and maby one day I will give her a flick.

TT

TT out of all the Loomis Blanks the Mega is my Favourite . It doesn't matter about the expadite on them I guard my 10/11 GLX Mega with my life , I already snapped an 8/9 Mega in weipa a couple of years back and was spewing I got the crosscurrent for a replacment . I say Keep it mate you will never get another like it.

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

hmmm.... so what are they worth? I've got a 10/11 Mega i wouldn't mind selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeann View Post
    hmmm.... so what are they worth? I've got a 10/11 Mega i wouldn't mind selling.
    What those old things, well tell ya what I'll do, ya send the antiquated old thing to me an I'll dispose of it thoughtfully for you . Honest
    There are 10 types of people in this world
    "those that understand binary and those that don't"

You're a cheeky bugger Walldog