Thread: Bribie Passage

Bribie Passage

Planing a camping trip mid Oct to Poverty Pt on Bribie, and are going to take the tinnie.
    I have never fished this end of the Passage before. Can someone please give us a few pointers to get us heading in the right direction. If you would like to tell us a secret spot to try, feel free, just fling us a PM.

Thanks,
    Scott

Re: Bribie Passage

Thats across from donnybrook isnt it. You can try white patch for big whiting and their is a drop off just out that can hold squire and grassy sweetlip at times. You could also go up to Coochin Creek and try for some Jacks and flathead. I will probly be up their a fair bit in the september hols.

G'day Scott,
    Camping at Poverty Creek you will have a large rocky dropoff on the upstream side of poverty creek extending for about 700 metres. This is the old disused 112 oyster lease. Some good fishing to be had almost anywhere along there if you have a day with minimal boat traffic. on the downstrem side of Poverty creek there are several patches of rubble on the bottom in about 12 feet of water that provide excellent bream jew and jacks at times. Tailor and Mackeral are not uncommon encounters in this region until about February.

The northern end of 112 turns into a sandbank mayhem area with constantly changing sandbars etc. Great for flathead and whiting in this area.

Jack.

i would try the mouth of glasshouse mnt creek near the red beacon at dusk you would be surprised what can cruise through there.
    you could also try the southern outer edges of tripconny's bite plenty of oyster covered rocks (be carefull with this one it can get shallow)

Poverty creek....always pick up something there along the old oysters
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

i fish this end of the passage very often at that time of the year i would be heading up the creeks for cod, jacks and flattys and the odd grunter avoiding the traffic on the passage but there is some good rocky shelfs in that area always good for the odd reef fish when the time is right
    4.0m webster cat ready for battle