Thread: land based fishing for sharks townsville

land based fishing for sharks townsville

Hi

does anyone know of any good spots to catch big sharks off land around townsville??? had them upto 15lb from the rockpool & cape pallaranda, but want to target something bigger!! or maybe i just need bigger baits.

thanx

Re: land based fishing for sharks townsville

heard they get fairly large off toomulla beach on big livies

We beached and missed a few large sharks of west point on maggie island, best times we found were after sunset, midnight hightide and heaps of fresh berley, best i done was about 8ft jhammerhead on 10kg, just use a few pillies or mullet for bait. also can try picnic bay jetty but harder to land than the beach. i lived on Magnetic island for several years and fished nearly everyday so if i can help with anything else just ask.

Let them ratchets scream

thanks guys, its good to know a few people on here are from this area.

I hear tell a long walk on the outer breakwater can at times yeild alll sorts of "large things".
    If you realy want to know about sharks and Townsvile try to track down the bloke who runs the drum lines.......I believe he puts in just about every day form the south townsvile boat ramp.
    Duck down there for a fish... you might nab him for a chat when he comes back.
    He runs a fairly solid commercial looking boat.

cheers

The Shark guy launches from the DPI Ramp in Ross Creek.

Best Shark Spot - Horseshoe Bay, nice Tigers

Getting harder for the sharks, Croc are eating em.

Al

Alan TSV is right horseshoe bay on the island can be a good spot for the toothie critters but just watch out for the swimmers cos they don't appreciate it when you start laying a burley trail and then set a balloon out when you are 400 metres away from them.
    I don't know why.....

yep yep yep......swimmers got love em .

I have met quite a few anglers who wont swim in the sea

cheers