Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing songs

Fishing songs

Im in a process of putting together a bunch of songs .After everyone suggestions ,So what song do you like to listen while you goin to the ramp?What get you in that relaxed mood and why?So far i got The late uncle George -my island home and Tom waits downtown train .
    cheers
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Re: Fishing songs

try brad paisley ITS COUNTRY but he does alot of fishing himself and its in a lot of his songs, theres one song youll love its called IM GONNA MISS HER its agreat song about abloke who goes fishing and doesnt really care if the missis leaves youll find it if you google. cheers bdowdy

Know the song mate thanks ,its great .That reminded me of meat and potato man from him.Great .
    cheers
    George
    his story ready to tell,

Mate, I love "When I Retire" by Dave Averey?
    Nugget plays it on his show some times, just about sums it up I reckon.

cheers
    brian

If you want actual fishing songs, not just songs to listen to while fishing, checkout "Worlds Greatest Fishing Band" Papa was a Fishin Man - 50 song - 4CD set. Formerly known as the Dorados. They are American but still good fishin music.

They also have a CD's titled "All Gone Fishin" & "Drinkin Town Fishin Problem"

For Australia fishing songs check out Ron Odgers CD titled "Sittin, Sippin, Fishin"

Thanks Steve.I actually dont listen to anything while fishing ,but there is a few songs i like to listen to while on the way to the ramp or driving down the beach looking for that gutter.Its kinda puts me in the mood and my kids love it too ,having said that it can be boring listen to Slims light on the hill 10 times in a row on my sons request.
    George
    his story ready to tell,

I like Troy Casser Daleys River Boy as it is the first song I heard on my first boat a little over two years ago . but I also like most music from the eighties ( not quite fishing music )
    cheers fae haggis ......................

nova 106.9 thats just me tho as i was born in the early 90's lol
    but if its on i will listen to nugget on 4bc on sat and sun between 5am-7am
    "True Blue"

Its a big day dawning, i see the sunlight flickering out across the bay
    All rigged up and im ready to go , got the charts from the bureau...weatherman said the weathers fine
    A big black marlin is going to be mine
    Haul up the anchor, move in slow, blast of engines and off we go...
    This is where i love to be riding the swell on the deep blue sea...
    Hay mate come out fishing with me.....

25 odd years ago on cris conroys world of boats, a 30 min show on the marlin comp off tangals
    Never been able to get that thing out of my head...esp on a early morning running out...
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

I must admit that i sometimes play AC Dc...when we have some wild trips back home from offshore....but Keith Urban is easy on the ears also....

Mick

cant remember what the song is......think its the theme to nuggets show.....but it has all the local fishing names thrown in.....you can get it off nuggets site.

I listen to Paul Kelly a lot on my ipod while kayaking. It's good solid Australian ear candy.

I got into trouble for some of the jokes i put on here so am not going to start with the songs i know.

Graeme

'Custard - Lucky Star'
    or
    'The Titanics - Millionaire Adventure Balloonist'

'The Fauves - Celebrate the Failure' would be a good one for coming home from the ramp.

if you up and heading out early in the morning nothing beats jack johnson "rainbow" a must have!