Thread: Why don't they have Abt or Afc for junior anglers

Why don't they have Abt or Afc for junior anglers

well me and my mates are getting quite decent with the old trusty sp's and lures and would like to complete in some comps we are all ready entering the flattie classic well two of us are ( fish05 and Jpart10 ) team Jbc but we would like to get some decent comps up and running for juniors i mean shore there is some minor problems like boating but some one could drive them around as a designated boater all they have to do is fish entry money would be the same just wondering your points of view thx

Re: Why don't they have Abt or Afc for junior anglers

would be nice if they did a comp with 18 max age and 13 min age.
    "True Blue"

i agree with loophole maybe the min age could be 12 instead

also the fraser island fishing expo has a minimum age of 18 years
    hence the no juniors aspect dont know why?
    "True Blue"

i agree with loophole maybe the min age could be 12 instead
    ok maybe just for you hey ... just thought maybe the people higher up here at ausfish (Meaning i know there is people that write for bush 'n' beach and QFM here there would have to be some tournament anglers here to .)
    Hoping they read this and agree and maybe think about doing one.

also did the river 2 mud have an age limit?
    "True Blue"

The ABT minimum age limit is 16. It might that for Insurance reasons but i'm not sure.. put a post here to get answer guys..

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb...7ce9a203df8bc5

I'm sure that during the 'Summer Series" kids can fish with an Adult/Guardian.

You have the Bass Electrics to have a look at, I don't know about the age limits for those comps.

The Ausbream Socials

I'm sure that the age limit is a legal thingy.

And anyway, I don't want to be beaten by kids.

Mick
    Last edited by Dodgy_Back; 14-09-2007 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spilling

Yeh most of the age limits are for legal/insurance reasons. And the ABT tournaments are always around the country and i dont think realistically that the juniors would make it to them on a regular basis. (unless you're a superfishingfreak who's parents are behind you 100% of the way!)
    Oh and if there are any of those ppl, i envy you...ALOT!
    But id be willing to get in on the bandwagon and help out all i can, maybe try some northern nsw rivers, southern queensland?

i reckon they should have saltwater and freshwater divisions and in those divisions they could be split up like i.e. southern queensland and they could fish the dams to around the bay adn in nsw do the upper reaches of the clarence to the saltier waters i dno just an idea.....

The Ausbream Socials (mods - hope you are OK with me mentioning these here, if not please feel free to delete) are a great way to get an introduction into the competition bream scene without the cost and pressure of an actual comp.

These socials are purely that, a social. Just bunch of like minded bream fishoes getting together at different locations every 5 or 6 weeks to target predominately bream and some bonus species. There are no costs or prizes.

The only requirements are that you are legally able to operate a vessel according to Qld maritime laws if you are in charge of that vessel and that you can keep up to 6 legal (23cm fork) bream alive (if there are two of you on board). We recommend a minimum 45 lt aerated esky with plenty of water changes. Oh - and no stinky bait, stinky lures and fly only.

For more info please feel free to have a look at the Ausbream site under the Social Days Updates topic.

Cheers

John