Thread: Looks like I've joined the dark side

Looks like I've joined the dark side

Hello all,

During all the years I've been on this forum I think I've only been in this section a handful of times. Seems like I'll be popping in a bit more frequently.

I had a full day tuition with Tassie guide Mike Tenner today. He was helpful in getting the basic casting techniques down pat and teaching me a few extras for later down the track.

Finished the day nailing a brace of trout as well.

I'm hooked and can't wait to hit the streams and lakes with the new setup I've ordered through Mikes company.

Tassie trout should be quaking in fear Seriously I'm itching to hike into the Western Lakes and sight fish for wild tailing browns with nobody within 50kms of me.

Oh what fun.

Brett

Re: Looks like I've joined the dark side

It's a sad day........................

I have only ever once ventured to a place that was conducive to the art of Fly.

That was at a stocked impoundment south of Brisvegas and I caught some natives. It is an art, Brett and from what I hear can be very rewarding.

Sight fishing, whether to tailing browns or marauding longtails, H/bay spotties or Whitsunday Trevors, is one the the most exciting ways to fish. Now you'll have to get serious and get the 'camo ' gear to sneak up on those inland fish.

Just remember, when you nail that big brown and let out a Woo Hoo, there'll be no-one around to hear it........ maybe a Wombat or two, but that's it.

Have fun young fella.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Welcome to the dark side Luke, I mean Brett

Ed

I don't think you can say you have fly-fished untill you have experinced the western lakes of Tassie, the trick is to sight the fish before they sight you, the water is so clear polarioding out 60-80m and spotting I miss it so much!!!!

COOLA
    Last edited by coola; 13-09-2007 at 09:51 PM.