Thread: Woody Heads???

Woody Heads???

just wondering if any Ausfishes have fished down there befor, and how do i fish it and what should i exspect to cathch there, i will be land based

Thanks T-roy

Re: Woody Heads???

Is that Woody Head near Iluka??
    If so some good beach fishing and some good rock fishing if it hasn't changed too much from when I was a kid.
    The Clarence river isn't too far away either.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

yeh near iluka

Run a search on it. I got some good tips from a couple of Ausfishers before my last trip. Great area
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I think the water offers more options at Iluka with the river, the breakwaters, the Iluka Bluff and the beaches. I've fished Woody Head and Shark Bay on past trips but I've never had what you'd rate as a great catch there - just the odd fish. It's only 5 minutes down the road to Iluka anyway from Woody, so there are lots of possibilities
    Cheers Freeeedom

Strange area the bluff and frazers and woody " bunjalong country .

Long rod wet fishing is pretty much the only way you will get the fish its renowned for .. All that area frasers reef etc looks like crap as allot of it has an unjulating drop into what doesnt seem like deep water .. Dont be fooled , If you are prepared to get a bit of spray and wash there are great fish out there at times .... It just aint "easy fishin fer ol fellas" Last time i fished it we'd had a toadfish draino day that yielded me 1 king fish that fought like a crab, livebaiting further sth.

Stopped in there for a spin ,walked around and almost pulled the pin , thought stuff it and did a little wash dodging and spinning and my mate landed an awesome mac tuna.. To look at the ledge I wouldnt have thunk it ..
    Last edited by carpel; 11-09-2007 at 08:00 PM.

caught tailor off the rocks at woody before... once seen a bloke catch two 4 or 5 kilo snapper off the rocks long rod long cast plenty of inshore reef.. I'm hopenig to get in there with the boat wen the weather permits and try for some inshore snapper find a mark berly like hell and send out the floaters =)