Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beach worms ???

Re: beach worms ???

nothing pisses me off more than a beach worm!

Quote Originally Posted by jez and suze View Post
    nothing pisses me off more than a beach worm!
    Ha ha, ditto that. B4 I refined my technique i used to swear at the little buggers something fierce.

Now though, I thoroughly enjoy a spot of worming. I am no expert, but can get enough for a few days in a short session. I even let the smaller/skinnier ones go, as i prefer to target the short stumpy ones now. It can be suprising how stong the bigger worms are!

My technique is a little different though, but it works for me.
    Instead of sliding my fingers down into the sand, i wave my hand bait (pipi)in front with the last of the receding water and they tend to really stand out of the sand and 'look' for the bait. I put it close so they get a touch, then slowly drag it away so they they follow it. As they are following it, i put my thumb and index finger just onto the sand either side of the body as he continues to follow the bait out of his 'hole'. I then have about an inch to inch and a half of worm sitting horizontily on top of the sand, let him grab the bait, then wait for him to tense, then as he relaxes again, i firm up the grip and pull him out in the one motion.
    Dead simple. Not.

Some days though, they don't want to stick any more than their head out, and the game changes again. Always a challenge.

Good luck,
    Damo
    Last edited by Deiter; 13-09-2007 at 01:23 AM.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

i do hope they re-grow heads!.........those short stumpy ones may be the ones ive come in contact with previously