Thread: hardbodys at hinchinbrook

Arrow hardbodys at hinchinbrook

i am kinda feeding of nagg's thread last week, his thread about softies was turning to hard bodys, so i pose the question, what is your prefered hardback in the channel, or any creek or river situation for that matter, am refering to fish such as jacks, barra, sambos, marckus and the like.

me i like the classic range, trolling classic 160's and f18's, and casting classic 120's, 97's and f18 minis. i also love chucking prawnstars, i think they fit in this catagory, there not realy a soft plackie.

Re: hardbodys at hinchinbrook

Only fished the area a handful of times but always did well on the old killalures before they were brought out, and also liked the new DK ferrets. Personally I've done well on either chrome styled lures or lighter colours.

the number of times i have been i found the best lures were flatrats,little lucifers,b52,bombers in green and gold,deep divers and shallow divers, some of the lively lures in the kermit green colour and c lures and rapala shad raps the small one are great for jacks, thats just a few this year we go were going to try more of the eco gear lure and the diawa range they look more real.cheers.

Attachment 12476These are mine for next month ... nagg

& theseAttachment 12477.... for casting ... Nagg

I've found when the weather is cooler up there, you get more fish by selecting a slightly smaller lure than during the warmer months.

Best cooler month lures, DK Snagmaster in gold, and Mad Mullet in a fluro type pattern (can't remember the name).

Just booked a flight up there for Thursday this week! The weather is finally
    looking OK.

Good Luck

Jim

Lucinda lures - dunno if he still makes them, but I'd buy a pack each time I went up.

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Lucinda lures - dunno if he still makes them, but I'd buy a pack each time I went up.
    Yeh ... Luigi is still going & I will call in to see him on my trip .... Nagg

the weather is heating up up here, with the northlys kicking in. the days are around 30 degrees, touch wood it holds out for another week and a half,
    woooooo hoooooo

Quote Originally Posted by cdg81 View Post
    the weather is heating up up here, with the northlys kicking in. the days are around 30 degrees, touch wood it holds out for another week and a half,
    woooooo hoooooo
    29 .. days till I leave ..... ... Nagg
    PS woooooo hoooooooo & hopefully things heat up even more
    Last edited by NAGG; 13-09-2007 at 08:29 PM.

doesnt sound like your real keen to get there nagg,

doesnt sound like your real keen to get there nagg,
    33 days 5 hours & 35 mins till we arrive at Lucinda .... give or take a few mins (but who is counting) ... Nagg
    PS .. we have a few bass & impoundment barra to catch on the way up ..... Hence the delay

nagg, you need to pm steve b before you leave, i am sure he would give you the latest oil on monduran and awoonga, he fishes there regulary and gets good results,
    i relate to your eagerness, my trip is one week away, cant come quick enough. the weather is awesome up here at the moment.

nagg, you need to pm steve b before you leave, i am sure he would give you the latest oil on monduran and awoonga, he fishes there regulary and gets good results,
    i relate to your eagerness, my trip is one week away, cant come quick enough. the weather is awesome up here at the moment.
    I am in touch with steve b .... & I will hopefully get get the chance to fish with him.
    Mate cant wait .. to get there (which was planned to see out the SE winds & get to a NE patten .... Let the waters heat up .... & geronimo ... Nagg