• yeah, kill em all

71 25.27%
  • no, release them back into the water

210 74.73%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: river bullshark: kill or release

Re: river bullshark: kill or release

Quote Originally Posted by ashh View Post
    maybe I wasnt clear enough in my first post.
    You got that right! Hence the massive edit in your first post!!!!!

it wasnt intended to be a thread about my (mistaken) attitude towards them, hence the massive edit.
    .......Ash

In the past mMy girlfriend and I spend the summer months windsurfing at Manly. She has been chomped on my a small shark at the rock wall. It was on the bottom and she stood on it, it wasnt too happy about that and gave her got a decent bite requiring stitches. It was only a few feet long. I try not to worry about them, even though I know they are out there. I would prefer there was none whilst windsurfing, but thats not possible and we are in their zone so have to take the risks. Release them I say.

why kill em . Is it just cause they pose a threat to us ?
    they live in the water and we live on land so if you dont want to get bitten then stay out of their habitat and dont swim in high risk areas.
    "True Blue"

Why kill them just for the sake of killing a shark. I am not a greenie but can not see why anyone would want to kill them when caught.

They do help to clean the rubbish from the waterways. All part of the system.

Keep the first one (or 2) and put the fillets in clean salt water overnight then eat.
    Good Tucker.
    Release the rest.
    Too Easy....
    Bloody luvly in chilli beer batter
    Last edited by GAFYM; 09-09-2007 at 07:31 PM.

I voted.....fillet and release.

they are ending up in places where they naturally don't occur..... eat some of them.

They are a menace and there numbers need to be reduced (not wiped out though).
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

They don't come in the pub to kill me so I will not go into their territory just to kill them.

Release...

This sort of thread always gets people going, until they were declared a pest or a noxious animal, which is not likely to happen, I'd just let them swim.

So what are these bull sharks like to eat .... from what I hear little bronze wailers are the pick of the sharks for tucker.......from what I hear the bullies are a bit ordinary.

cheers

realse them... never caught one in fact never even seen one... however the day i catch one is the day my kids will wanna catch one and so there kids and on and on... lets keep them out there...

Quote Originally Posted by bushbeachboy View Post
    What are they like on the plate? Hey, they eat us and we eat them. I'm sure there's something in that somewhere.

nah mate, they tend to bite then spit us out, for the most part sharks don't like the taste of human flesh, lol

I reckon it should be released, the water is its home, it has more right there than we do
    Last edited by Davemclean; 11-09-2007 at 03:01 AM.

Definately release them. Treat them the same as a black snake . They may live to bite a poly, or a greenie, or an EPA person.
    Ray

hi
    I cant understand personally how there is a percentage of people on this site who would kill them i for 1 think sharks are being killed enough these days through shark nets droppers and especially the asian people killing them just for a fin. I think the Ausfishers who do this should be ashamed of there selves and stop.
    Cheers Jpart10

definite release if you are not going to have them for dinner. why kill them, they are bloody fun to catch and put on a good show.
    www.mogozobo.com <-- a few fishing yarns and general family blog
    Gone fishin' ... back at dark-thirty!