Thread: Bay Marks

Bay Marks

Hey guys, Havent been around much of late with work family etc stuff going on. Have finally managed to get a few days off in a row and am thinking of heading up to Brissy for a fish.
    Haven't fished the bay in my own boat before so haven't really got any decent spots to try.
    I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to PM me some GPS marks for the bay just some of the close in stuff is fine thinking of hitting Peel, mud etc (or anywhere else some of you SP Snapper guru's can recommend )
    Ive only ever managed one legal squire on placcies before so hopefully i can improve on that somewhat!!
    Just need the weather gods to be kind and hope the wind does drop back tomorrow arvo and Monday. Time will tell i guess... If not looks like ill have to give some of those creeks a bashing.
    Ill happily return the favour if anyone's after some Ballina spots for Bream, Jacks etc

Thanks, Joe

Re: Bay Marks

Check your pm

Cheers Chris

Hey look whos back Dunno any marks but chuck me a pm before you come up may be able to show you around .Not that im spending much time out there
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

can you catch bream in Ballina ? lol, I can show you how to do it if you like ?

Try the northern marker at mud , no secert but don't just hook up on a GPS mark , use your sounder and have a look around just be mindful of other who have already got trails going and try not to undo their hard work. bay fish seem to be scattered and the schools move around a fair bit so find some rubble in or near a channel and use the wind & tide to cover ground with floating baits for better quality fish. there is a nice ledge on the eastern side as well where the same tatics will work Dawn & Dusk are peak periods although i have caught 4kg snaps in the middle of the day at the right time of year.

May all your rods bend at once
    BigE