Thread: 2 pack Epoxy

2 pack Epoxy

Guys, just finished rolling a Shikari barra baitcaster, one of a number of blanks a mate imported from the US. Its a nice little weapon.

But....

Went to use my old 2 pack Erskines epoxy and found it had gone bad, been a few years since I made a rod.

Since I need to rebuy, what is the general consensus on the best epoxy to finish the guides off these days. Erskines was always the standard - interested to know what is around these days - value and quality.

Regards and thanks

Snipe

Re: 2 pack Epoxy

Flex coat is the go IMO.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I don't have much time for the Erskines epoxy (had some bad results), but I use his CP.
    I am using Threadmaster epoxy and find it very good.
    I think they are all probably OK if you develop a system that suits the individual product and the thread it's going on.
    cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Thanks guys, did a bit more reading last night through some other threads - it appears the flex coat is popular and with a bit of care / preparation delivers a good result. Will have a look at the threadmaster too.

Flex-Coat Light for the flick sticks and Flex-Coat High Build for offshore rods.

IMO..... the best I've used. No bubbles, easy to work, doesn't yellow.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi snipe,

What happened to your Erskines??? If you had crystalization in one of the two parts you would only need to slowly warm it, or a very SHORT zap in the microwave will fix the problem.

I use both erskines and flex coat.

I find flex coat is the better product, you won't have as much of a problem with bubbles using Flexcoat as you may with erskines, having said that, with a bit of extra care you will also get a very good result with erskines.

I've never had any problems with yellowing using erskines.

Imo go with the Flexcoat if you can.

good luck
    roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!