View Poll Results: Are you addicted to Ausfish? How often do you log on?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than twice daily

114 42.86%
  • Twice daily

49 18.42%
  • Once daily

69 25.94%
  • Every other day

20 7.52%
  • Weekly

8 3.01%
  • Less than weekly

9 3.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you addicted to Ausfish?

Re: Are you addicted to Ausfish?

Remember my mate has introduced me into ausfish and warned me its addictive site. He got it right!!!

Find myself logging on up to 10 times a day. Often don't stay on long. But I recently went for 6 months hardly logging on due to being on dial up. Was good, there is a world out there and I was part of it. But now I'm back on high speed connection, I fear I could be lost to the real world forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyh View Post
    A bloody top site....very interesting news and views...it has it all...controversy...backstabbing...local knowledge ...drama....humour....experience...naivete....and what better place to find out from all over Aus. The great thing is that there is such a huge range of people from all walks of life ...who just love fishing.

Ah - you forgot 'respect'.

In amongst all of those human foibles, there is a lot of respect and goodwill amongst the members, even between the bait true believers and those on the dark side.

Thumbs up Re: Are you addicted to Ausfish?

Both at work and home, It's no point fighting it, Im an Ausfish Junkie , Cheers Whitto

Very very addictive, this site is both informative and interesting.
    One of the thing's I've noticed is the limited amount of complete knobs that reply to threads as opposed to other forum's that I look at. I guess fisherfolk are just generally better people..... or perhaps the moderators just get in quick and filter out the trash.

Kind of gives fishing an extra half life and it fits in nicely with weather checks and breakfast as well. I hate mobile phones and computers are a close second but stuff like this gives me some hope.

I can see how people could waste a lot of time in here instead of out in the real world, something to watch out for, no cure as yet I'm told.

Gleeeza

I suppose i am addicted if you call 9 hours a day an addiction.it's a sad state of affairs when we are adding to a thread on ausfish addiction that has been going less than a day and has 37 posts and 550 reads.
    haha
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Yep.

Fez

Only been here 2 months or so...and now find myself sneaking longer periods at work....only in "breaks" of course
    was able to do that at school until the techies found the site and have now blocked it on the schools internet.
    "True Blue"

I might be. Try and visit once a day. I like the boating section lots of good stuff to learn.

Might as well face it your addicted to AUSFISH ( must be sung with a few good lookers in the background. Robert Palmer style)

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Have been away for 2 days on business, arived home, kissed Clarry, then logged onto Ausfish...at least I got that in the right order!!

Hey there are worse things to be addicted to!!!!!

Chas
    Last edited by Chas & Clarry; 06-09-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Me too.

I find the only cure for it, is to go fishing.
    Nothing else seems to work.

cheers
    Andrew

that is the only cure andrew i think i need to go take my medication now! lol
    "True Blue"

I would too, but I dont feel like getting wet.

Minno

Yes - I am addicted!

A old work friend of mine (maccamania) emailed me a link to show off his lastest fishing expedition and that was the end of me!

Read about his trip and then had a look aroound the rest of the site, signed up and then encouraged Peter to buy a bigger boat!

We have cable so it is on all the time and it is my home page!

So addicted is probably the correct way to describe it!

Cheers
    Janine
    Last edited by Herm; 06-09-2007 at 08:35 PM.