Thread: soft plastic

soft plastic

About 4 weeks ago I decided to step over the line to the dark side and try sp's for the first time. launched at the Queens beach ramp at about 4am and motored over to the scarborough reef area.rigged up in the dark with a Tsunami 4"swim shad. After about an hour and a half of casting ,flick,flick etc without a touch decided to change to bait. This is when I noticed the piece of tublar plastic on the tip of the pre-rigged sp! IS THIS WHY THEY ARE CALLED SOFT PLASTIC?????
    Definitely enviro friendly!
    Just wondered If anyone else has a senior moment etc to report?

Re: soft plastic

hahaha geez thats definently a blonde moment were u fishing c&r
    "True Blue"

Yeah i must admit i`ve done it before,but i blame it on being to egar to wet a line.

Can hapen to anyone, a few years ago in one of the first "Reel Women Barra Comp" one of the anglers was having problems getting a hookup even tho she was getting heaps of hits, on checking her lure (apparently after about an hour) she found that she had forgot to take off the plastic treble covers.Mates and I have also done what crabbie has done and when caught out costs a sixpack.
    Cheers Ian
    ps you only seem to forget to remove the hook protecter when you are on a hot bite.

Thanks for having the courage to share that one..that made my morning.
    There are two types of people in the world...the kind that would do that, look around to make sure nobody was watching and keep their mouth shut.The other type is the guy who has a laugh at himself and shares his funny life moment with others.
    Cheers to you.
    The fish would have been very confused though.

classic.
    did you give it a try with the safety off?

If you armed the fish with a pair of tweezers they may have been so determined to bite it and remove it themselves, you would have caught fish. Hasn't anyone told you that yet??

Scalem
    Last edited by Scalem; 05-09-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Ausfish Bronze Member

Thats funny, least you can say you had a go

Had no luck with bait either .......but can't believe that the sp wasn,t smashed by something huge while in safety mode.

S\Ps. You love them or you dont. If you want to catch a fish quick, dont worry about them. Its a high tech product! Patience, is the key. Sport is what Iam in it for, and you can tease the fish into biting on to it. Its really where you are, and what your up too. How seriously are you a fisherman?

Minno

Minno

Hi Minno, I dont get to fish as often as i would like these days.as I had to sell my Whittley Monterey as I am now retired and could not afford to run it with the high cost of fuel these days.By the way it was a great fishing platform. I now have a 4.35 M savage ranger that was customised by a 3rd year apprentice with Nova boats. He did a fantastic job of it.You would not believe that it is a 1983 hull .But that is another story and one day I might get around to posting more on this with some pics.Believe it or not i am now keen to target snapper , my pb is 0cm so far
    Crabbie

Yeah! Mine too.

Minno